does anybody know what the final word is on ppl on preinterview holds at ucsd?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
when are they going to send out final preinterview decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

This is not a direct answer to your question, but something that will hopefully keep your spirits high. Back in November, I was placed on a pre-interview hold for UCSD. I was later offered an interview about a month later in December. I went to the interview thinking that I would not get in because of the hold. Four weeks after the interview, I was placed in the acceptable pool. Just this past week, I was accepted. See, there is always hope when it comes down to holds,waitlists, etc. Unless it's an outright rejection, there's always a chance.

Good luck

yeah, my application has been complete since end of October and still have not heard anything...hold or interview...

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by ConstantlyWaiting:
•This is not a direct answer to your question, but something that will hopefully keep your spirits high. Back in November, I was placed on a pre-interview hold for UCSD. I was later offered an interview about a month later in December. I went to the interview thinking that I would not get in because of the hold. Four weeks after the interview, I was placed in the acceptable pool. Just this past week, I was accepted. See, there is always hope when it comes down to holds,waitlists, etc. Unless it's an outright rejection, there's always a chance.

Good luck•••••During the time you were on the pre-interview hold list, did you send any new information to them, or did you just wait for an interview? Thanks.

i was placed in the pre-interview hold category at ucsd last year, and was never invited to interview. this year, my file had been complete for several months without hearing anything from them. i was never placed on hold pre-interview, unless the correspondence never got to me. however, i was granted an interview last week. they assigned me a date of april 1st. so they are still handing out interviews at least. don't give up yet. good luck.

•••quote:••••During the time you were on the pre-interview hold list, did you send any new information to them, or did you just wait for an interview? Thanks.•••••No. Just thank you cards to the interviewers before I got put in the acceptable pool. Nothing else.

I have been on preinterview hold since December, and just yesterday I got a letter saying sorry, no interview for you.
:(
Apparently they are scaling down their hold pool, so if you don't hear anything, good/bad, this week, I would call them and find out what's the story.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!