Does anyone attend UT Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vermicularius

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to apply to the University of Texas at Austin Pharmacy school. The only problem I have is finding a place to live that won't destroy my bank. Hopefully, somewhere that is safe and where I may take the bus to campus (I heard taking the bus is cheaper if you're going to live farther from campus). If you're attending school here how was the searching for a place and where might you recommended I search for an apartment?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking to apply to the University of Texas at Austin Pharmacy school. The only problem I have is finding a place to live that won't destroy my bank. Hopefully, somewhere that is safe and where I may take the bus to campus (I heard taking the bus is cheaper if you're going to live farther from campus). If you're attending school here how was the searching for a place and where might you recommended I search for an apartment?

maybe use craiglist or make friends on sdn? I hear its a tuff program

I used to attend UTCOP. I lived in West Campus and paid about $500 for a 2 bedroom/2bath but shared a room.
I have classmates who lived in Riverside and North Campus which is much cheaper. North Campus is about a 15-20 minute walk to the pharmacy building and has a shuttle route. Riverside is about a 15 minute drive to campus but also has several shuttle routes that go to campus. These are about $500 for your own room in a 2bed/2bath. It can even be as low as $300 in Riverside.

I just lived in West Campus because I didn't know of my options when I moved to UT and didn't feel like moving anymore once I settled in. Also it's only an 8 minute walk to campus from where I lived so I justified the extra cost for the extra sleep time.