Does anyone else...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Astra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
find it ironic that a lot of premeds who claim to want to help people are the biggest jerks when it comes to helping others?

I swear, we have the biggest concentration of people who are narcissist among STEM.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
find it ironic that a lot of premeds who claim to want to help people are the biggest jerks when it comes to helping others?

I swear, we have the biggest concentration of people who are narcissist among STEM.
I don't necessarily feel that's true. The scope of how they want to help people can be different. That doesn't exclude the possibility that outside the scope of that, they're not s***ty people though.

Do you have any specific examples?

Also, WTH is STEM?

Last edited:
STEM =\= premed

But yeah, lots of premeds are jerks. Not entirely sure why.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't necessarily feel that's true. The scope of how they want to help people can be different. That doesn't exclude the possibility that outside the scope of that, they're not s***ty people though.

Do you have any specific examples?

Also, WTH is STEM?

STEM = science tech engineering math

My main examples would be the lack of compassion showed to fellow classmates or anyone who cannot help them accomplish their goal of premed.

30 min ago, I saw a classmate of mine be EXTREMELY rude to a librarian because a biochem textbook she wanted was checked out. Like how is it the librarian's fault that your book is gone? Is this how you will act towards a patient's family if they upset you?

STEM =\= premed

But yeah, lots of premeds are jerks. Not entirely sure why.

My mistake. Most premeds I've encountered fall in that category :O

My mistake. Most premeds I've encountered fall in that category :O
It's bad enough where adcoms here have complained of applicants at interviews treating staff like their personal assistants -- asking them to bring coffee and hang up their coats, etc.

Sometimes we get so caught up in the grind doing everything we need to do that we aren't as considerate of others who don't share that same immediate goal. Added stress never helps either.

I don't think this is a premed thing per se. It has more to do with having a lot to do in a short period of time. Many professionals act this way as well unfortunately.

It's bad enough where adcoms here have complained of applicants at interviews treating staff like their personal assistants -- asking them to bring coffee and hang up their coats, etc.

Wtf! People do that? So freaking rude. Doesn't matter who the person is, treat them with respect.

Reactions: 1 users
Wtf! People do that? So freaking rude. Doesn't matter who the person is, treat them with respect.
My best LOR writer shut down a pack of really obnoxious premeds who thought that since they went to his office once, that they were entitled to a letter.

Lol I agree, there are so many rude pre-meds and rude people in general, as I've learned from working in retail and the food industry. But I don't know if wanting to help people and being a mean person are mutually exclusive. I'm not the nicest/friendliest person (although I try to never be rude) but I still wanna help people. I just pretend to be nice while I'm helping them

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

What's with all of OP's click bait threads lately?