Does anyone else....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CallMeDoctorLov

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else get sick of the arrogance that a good number of medical students carry? Reading some posts on this site make me dread actually going to school with these types of people. Please tell me that this is just an ultra concentrated population of douchebags on one site, and not actually representative of a typical medical student body.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone else get sick of the arrogance that a good number of medical students carry? Reading some posts on this site make me dread actually going to school with these types of people. Please tell me that this is just an ultra concentrated population of douchebags on one site, and not actually representative of a typical medical student body.

I think you also need to remember that SDN is an online forum with anonymity.

Members don't see this ad :)

This is the premedical forum.

Is this anger derived from your outburst in the thread saying DO "is not THAT competitve"?

Online forums, especially SDN, tend to attract extremes (very happy, depressed, insane gunner OVER achievers etc). Usually most people don't even know about this forum and it probably only represents a very small percentage of individuals in or choosing to pursue medicine.

There are normal people on this site! They're just usually not on the pre-Med part of the site (or at least it seems...)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile

Remember that in an anonymous Internet forum, people can take on personalities and express opinions that they wouldn't in real life.

Online forums, especially SDN, tend to attract extremes (very happy, depressed, insane gunner OVER achievers etc). Usually most people don't even know about this forum and it probably only represents a very small percentage of individuals in or choosing to pursue medicine.

There are normal people on this site! They're just usually not on the pre-Med part of the site (or at least it seems...)

How do you know YOU are normal?

Shouldn't you be able to observe it for yourself? You're a medical student. :confused:

It's an online forum OP. Posters on here are no different than the premeds at your school. In other words...

doesnt-matter-to-me-nobody-cares-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-353.jpg

It depends on your definition of normal :p

Define normal :p

From reference.com (and I quote)

nor·mal   [nawr-muhl] Show IPA
adjective

conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

serving to establish a standard.

Psychology .
a.approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.
b.free from any mental disorder; sane.

Biology, Medicine/Medical .
a. free from any infection or other form of disease or malformation, or from experimental therapy or manipulation.
b. of natural occurrence.

Mathematics .
a.being at right angles, as a line; perpendicular.
b. of the nature of or pertaining to a mathematical normal.
c. (of an orthogonal system of real functions) defined so that the integral of the square of the absolute value of any function is 1.
d. (of a topological space) having the property that corresponding to every pair of disjoint closed sets are two disjoint open sets, each containing one of the closed sets.
e. (of a subgroup) having the property that the same set of elements results when all the elements of the subgroup are operated on consistently on the left and consistently on the right by any element of the group; invariant.

From reference.com (and I quote)

nor·mal   [nawr-muhl] Show IPA
adjective

conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

serving to establish a standard.

Psychology .
a.approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.
b.free from any mental disorder; sane.

Biology, Medicine/Medical .
a. free from any infection or other form of disease or malformation, or from experimental therapy or manipulation.
b. of natural occurrence.

Mathematics .
a.being at right angles, as a line; perpendicular.
b. of the nature of or pertaining to a mathematical normal.
c. (of an orthogonal system of real functions) defined so that the integral of the square of the absolute value of any function is 1.
d. (of a topological space) having the property that corresponding to every pair of disjoint closed sets are two disjoint open sets, each containing one of the closed sets.
e. (of a subgroup) having the property that the same set of elements results when all the elements of the subgroup are operated on consistently on the left and consistently on the right by any element of the group; invariant.

By definitions 1 and 3, yes. By definitions 2,4 and 5(?), no.

I always love how topics on SDN can go so off topic sometimes :rolleyes:

By definitions 1 and 3, yes. By definitions 2,4 and 5(?), no.

I always love how topics on SDN can go so off topic sometimes :rolleyes:

.... how do you fit under #1? you watch anime

jk... kinda

edit: unless you are asian... anime is normal for asians

.... how do you fit under #1? you watch anime

jk... kinda

edit: unless you are asian... anime is normal for asians
:thumbdown:

In my defense it is an awesome anime. Don't judge before you've watched it :rolleyes:

Edit: not to mention I haven't watched it and other anime in yearrrs (who has time for that now anyway :confused: )

:thumbdown:

In my defense it is an awesome anime. Don't judge before you've watched it :rolleyes:

Edit: not to mention I haven't watched it and other anime in yearrrs (who has time for that now anyway :confused: )

What's the anime's name anyways?

Plus, I would suggest that there's quite some thousand members on SDN... Some nights I see 700+ on at once. Maybe some are recently created troll memberships. I don't know the exact # of members, can anyone post a figure?

Food for thought: 'Normal' people don't get into medical school.

themoreyouknow.jpg