Does anyone get headaches studying for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammy1024

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been getting headaches like everyday recently, and I don't know if it's from studying for months and months or maybe a side condition from knowing my test is so close??? It's random, like one day it'll be in the afternoon, another day in the morning!

Does anyone else get headaches??

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about headaches but my mind gets a little heavy and thats when I know I need a break or nap

I guess I would describe the headache as like if you used your hands to push down on your head. It's that pressure feeling. Is that what you get?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the worst one ever yesterday. I used to get migraines all the time in college from being stressed, so may have been bc of studying I'm really not sure. I feel ya though! Just stay hydrated and don't overdue it.

I've been pushing my MCAT because I just wasn't ready, but I wish i was a super genius like the people on sdn getting 34's and stuff. I would love for a 34! lol

I suppose it's the normal MCAT stress of never feeling ready.

Don't take a break day every time you get a headache from studying. Last semester, I was afflicted with headaches often; this semester, I don't have as much of a problem with them, because I take a break every hour or hour and a half, for ten minutes. During these breaks, I pound out 25 pushups, and 20 1-legged squats per leg. It keeps the blood flowing, and definitely helps with focus. I recommend sporadic breaks, as well as exercise in these breaks.

I decided to take an extended lunch break and it's a little better. It just sucks because when you're not a 100%, studying isn't 100%.