Does anyone got an opinion on Baylor Dental Schoo in Dallas???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ias2512

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows the ranking of texas dental schools, (being there only three), especially the one in Dallas (Baylor/A&M)? Oh and if anyone wants to answer this...how much does a dentist make (salary) his first year out of dental school (average) and how much after that?

Members don't see this ad.

ias2512 said:
I was wondering if anyone knows the ranking of texas dental schools, (being there only three), especially the one in Dallas (Baylor/A&M)? Oh and if anyone wants to answer this...how much does a dentist make (salary) his first year out of dental school (average) and how much after that?

I live in Texas. I don't know an official ranking, but I always thought that Baylor in Dallas was the top school. It's the most competitive anyways, I think. I have no clue how much a dentist makes. Isn't that funny? I just got accepted, and I don't have a clue how much they make. Well, I do know it's enough to support a family very well.

Baylor's clinic looks like we are back in the 70's but the teacher that I have met are great!! I think that a lot of the reputation is hype but the same goes for a lot of schools these days. Students that I have met told me if you want to be happy for four years then look else where but really did not clarify what they were unhappy about. I think it is a good mid tier school overall.

And as far as a salary coming out: It depends on a lot of variables.

Case 2010

Members don't see this ad :)
JMoney said:
Baylor's clinic looks like we are back in the 70's but the teacher that I have met are great!! I think that a lot of the reputation is hype but the same goes for a lot of schools these days. Students that I have met told me if you want to be happy for four years then look else where but really did not clarify what they were unhappy about. I think it is a good mid tier school overall.

Case 2010

Baylor's entering class averages is a 3.6 GPA 3.5 Science and 20 DAT. I think that alone make it better than a mid teir school. I have done alot of programs and research up at Baylor. You get a very good clinical experience from talking to students and you don't have to worry about getting patients due to its deep patient pool (Downtown Dallas). The students their are happy for the most part, but you have to remember its dental school and alot of them due look stressed out, but this can happen at any D-school you choose. Thats my two cents God bless, and be easy. :D

JMoney said:

Case 2010

If my memory serves me correctly, the clinic is somewhat like a huge barn in a way, everyone is just out in the open.