Does anyone have a list of DO schools that don’t screen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cynthiabiswas

Reaction score
Hello, I’m a Bio grad who is working on a post bacc this 2023. The plan is to reinvent my application and start the application process for medical school at the end of next year.

Does anyone have a list of DO schools that do not screen. Or if you do not have a list, do you know any DO schools that do not screen? My cumulative gpa is below a 3.0, which is why I am doing a post bacc. That is why I am on the look for DO schools that do not screen. Thank you in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I’m not looking to apply until next year. I just wanted to know if anyone has a list of the DO schools that do not have ADCOMS? I would really appreciate it thank you so much guys
This question is very puzzling to me.
We use “ADCOMS” on this site to mean admissions committee or admissions committee members.
What do you mean to say?

This question is very puzzling to me.
We use “ADCOMS” on this site to mean admissions committee or admissions committee members.
What do you mean to say?
Hello, my apologies for the confusion. I am new to the field of medical school application-vocabulary. Let me clarify: I meant DO schools that do not screen. Do you know of a list or any DO schools that do not screen? My cumulative gpa is below a 3.0, and so I am working on a post-bacc this 2023. That is why I am on the look for DO schools that do not screen. I appreciate your help :)

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, my apologies for the confusion. I am new to the field of medical school application-vocabulary. Let me clarify: I meant DO schools that do not screen. Do you know of a list or any DO schools that do not screen? My cumulative gpa is below a 3.0, and so I am working on a post-bacc this 2023. That is why I am on the look for DO schools that do not screen. I appreciate your help :)
Ah do you mean that schools will not look at your stats before offering interview invites?

Uh... I would start with all the schools that would just be starting out and don't have full accreditation... but I also know screening isn't just left to an Excel filter. But understand the risks of going to a program that has not been fully accredited or not a lengthy track record of placements to residencies.

If your overall and science GPA are below 3.0, I would be looking into SMPs.

You may want to rephrase your question and post to the Nontraditional forum. You want to find schools that are friendly to Nontraditional applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
Uh... I would start with all the schools that would just be starting out and don't have full accreditation... but I also know screening isn't just left to an Excel filter. But understand the risks of going to a program that has not been fully accredited or not a lengthy track record of placements to residencies.

You may want to rephrase your question and post to the Nontraditional forum. You want to find schools that are friendly to Nontraditional applicants.
I would say even the newer schools wouldn’t fly. I’ll most likely be attending Noorda which is a newer school and their average is like a 503, admissions is just a whole other beast tbh

Thank you so much. And yes, I think I should post my question on that side of the forum.

You should take a look at Goro's thread for premeds who need reinvention. You might not find that there are any schools that will accept you right now, which doesn't mean you can't get to a point of having a good shot of getting in.