You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Does anyone here work at home as a pharmacist ?
Started by ETSUpharmStudent
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I cleaned out my parent's medicine cabinet last time I visited but they didn't pay me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I work at home and I love it. I do remote prescription verification. There is no patient contact, and if there is an issue with a script you just reject it and someone else will handle it. Just don't reject too many for no good reason, and you also have to verify insanely fast with near perfect accuracy, otherwise you'll get fired in short order.
We have fixed schedules and I chose 4 x 10 hr, so I get 3 consecutive days off every week, which is nice. During your shift you must be logged on to the computer and scripts will just pop up on your screen to verify, with the timer running.
Pay is a little low, but still decent in the low $50s/hr (at least I don't pay state income tax). You of course save a lot of money and time by not having to commute, buying/cleaning professional clothes, buying lunch/coffee. Oh, I do get a 30 min lunch, 2 x 15 min breaks and can go to the bathroom at any time (not only when you have explosive diarrhea).
We have fixed schedules and I chose 4 x 10 hr, so I get 3 consecutive days off every week, which is nice. During your shift you must be logged on to the computer and scripts will just pop up on your screen to verify, with the timer running.
Pay is a little low, but still decent in the low $50s/hr (at least I don't pay state income tax). You of course save a lot of money and time by not having to commute, buying/cleaning professional clothes, buying lunch/coffee. Oh, I do get a 30 min lunch, 2 x 15 min breaks and can go to the bathroom at any time (not only when you have explosive diarrhea).
How many scripts do you have to verify an hour and does it get boring?
"Hundreds" per hour is all I can say.How many scripts do you have to verify an hour and does it get boring?
Sure it can get boring, but you just make the best of it, and focus on the benefits of the position.
You probably work for express scripts... Last I'd heard the verification quota was like 160 per hour."Hundreds" per hour is all I can say.
Sure it can get boring, but you just make the best of it, and focus on the benefits of the position.
FYI.. They laid off 60 pharmacists at the ft worth location ( including some telecommuting pharmacists) in May of 2014 and just laid off another 50 this past May.
I work from home currently. I did in my previous position as well. I don't do verification or prior authorizations anymore, but I used too. Currently I work from home in clinical formulary position for a PBM. My pay isn't low and I work a typical Monday through Friday schedule with holidays off.
Generally, no. In fact, some of the 'full-time' staff are already flexed down to 30 hrs/wk so they already have a labor pool to draw on with no need for part-timers or prn.Do they hire part time or PRN people to do this? Asking because I would love to find a part time with aas little effect on my free time as possible .
Yeah I think they laid off about 200 pharmacists in Tampa last year (former Medco mail order facility).You probably work for express scripts... Last I'd heard the verification quota was like 160 per hour.
FYI.. They laid off 60 pharmacists at the ft worth location ( including some telecommuting pharmacists) in May of 2014 and just laid off another 50 this past May.
Here are a few questions for you:
- how are you evaluated?
- can you work in different locations? For example, can you work in Tampa for one week then in Orlando another week? How about in NY one week and Orlanda another week?
- do you need to have multi state licenses?
- if you sent a prescription back because there is error, what happens to the prescription?
- can you listen to music while you are working? How do they monitor you?
- do they provide you with the equipments like laptop, printer, etc
- do you have meetings? If yes, how often? Is it close to your location?
- how are you evaluated?
- can you work in different locations? For example, can you work in Tampa for one week then in Orlando another week? How about in NY one week and Orlanda another week?
- do you need to have multi state licenses?
- if you sent a prescription back because there is error, what happens to the prescription?
- can you listen to music while you are working? How do they monitor you?
- do they provide you with the equipments like laptop, printer, etc
- do you have meetings? If yes, how often? Is it close to your location?
Tampa and FT. Worth were hit HARD. Ft worth had waive # 2 of layoffs this past May.Yeah I think they laid off about 200 pharmacists in Tampa last year (former Medco mail order facility).
BMB doesn't even practice pharmacy .
You have to show me how you dispense!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Speed and errors.Here are a few questions for you:
- how are you evaluated?
- can you work in different locations? For example, can you work in Tampa for one week then in Orlando another week? How about in NY one week and Orlanda another week?
Within your own state, yes, but you have to ask for approval.
- do you need to have multi state licenses?
Depends. Some states require you to be licensed there. Some don't.
- if you sent a prescription back because there is error, what happens to the prescription?
Well you can fix mistakes yourself, but if the information is missing, unclear or wrong on the script, then someone will have to contact the doctor.
- can you listen to music while you are working? How do they monitor you?
Yes. But keep in mind that scripts just pop up on your screen and the timer is counting. You also have to stay logged in.
- do they provide you with the equipments like laptop, printer, etc
Of course
- do you have meetings? If yes, how often? Is it close to your location?
Conference calls, maybe once a month.
^^ thank you. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to work in a different city every few months? Rent out your house, use Airbnb and travel.
Not if one hates change and travel. I suppose if one were single and wanted to meet different dating material it would work.
Anyone have any info on currently available work from home positions (preferably part time/per diem?
pipelinerx
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K