Does anyone know anyone who transferred to PCOM (successfully or tried and failed)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lhf556

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone who transferred to PCOM from a different COM?
Has anyone transferred to PCOM from a different COM?

If so, could you tell me about them, or yourself if it is you that transferred? (Grades at previous COM, MCAT score, reason for transferring)

Before you reply, please know the following:
- I know all about the process of Transferring and the probability
- I'm just curious about other's who have successfully transferred or tried and failed and what the details were

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Transfers are so rare, on the order of a literal handful of students in the country in a year, that the likelihood of finding anyone who knows someone who transferred to a particular school is nil.

Those who are granted a transfer have extenuating circumstances: suddenly orphaned siblings, that sort of thing. No one transfers just because they want to. If you have good enough reason, it won't matter if you are the first person to try to transfer there.

Transfers are so rare, on the order of a literal handful of students in the country in a year, that the likelihood of finding anyone who knows someone who transferred to a particular school is nil.

Those who are granted a transfer have extenuating circumstances: suddenly orphaned siblings, that sort of thing. No one transfers just because they want to. If you have good enough reason, it won't matter if you are the first person to try to transfer there.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread. However, as stated in my initial post, I know all about Transferring already; I'm asking for personal accounts from those who have transferred or from people who know someone who has at least tried to transfer.

Members don't see this ad :)
No one fits that description.

You would have far better luck to call the school and speak with them directly about it.

Good luck, though. There doesn't actually have to be a first time for everything. Somethings are just never going to happen. But if it can happen, I hope it does, for you.

No one fits that description.

You would have far better luck to call the school and speak with them directly about it.

Good luck, though. There doesn't actually have to be a first time for everything. Somethings are just never going to happen. But if it can happen, I hope it does, for you.

I have no clue what you're talking about. But thank you for wishing me good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
I have no clue what you're talking about. But thank you for wishing me good luck.
He was pretty clear saying it's very unlikely. And while some people say there's a first time for everything, not everything will happen so not everything will get a first time.

I say good luck to you too. Call the school and ask them about transfers if you have a good reason. If you just don't like your school suck it up.

I know one person who transferred to my school for good reason, but I'm not at PCOM so it doesn't matter

I know Touro NY takes a bunch of transfers (maybe 3-5 students a year). If you need to go to the new england area, you can give them a call too

I do know someone who successfully transferred to PCOM. However, I can't speak on their academics. I can say it was a special circumstance and this person had previously attended another program at PCOM.

I successfully transferred to PCOM. If anyone would like to ask me questions about it, PM me.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations! That is really impressive and I'm glad to hear that you pulled it off.

Out of curiosity... did you ever find anyone else who'd done it before you?

Either way, it is very decent of you to post follow up and to be willing to share your experience with the next folks to have an interest in this.

Congratulations! That is really impressive and I'm glad to hear that you pulled it off.

Out of curiosity... did you ever find anyone else who'd done it before you?

Either way, it is very decent of you to post follow up and to be willing to share your experience with the next folks to have an interest in this.

I never found anyone to speak to about this. I'm hoping my post will catch the eye of someone else, who will be in the same situation I was and wants to speak with someone who has transferred.

Does anyone know anyone who transferred to PCOM from a different COM?
Has anyone transferred to PCOM from a different COM?

If so, could you tell me about them, or yourself if it is you that transferred? (Grades at previous COM, MCAT score, reason for transferring)

Before you reply, please know the following:
- I know all about the process of Transferring and the probability
- I'm just curious about other's who have successfully transferred or tried and failed and what the details were

Thanks!
PCOM is very hard to transfer into, I know a student that successfully transferred into a different COM, but it was a newer COM. He tried PCOM also, but I believe PCOM requires your Dean to initiate the transfer, and for there to be no blemishes. My friend went there for an interview with the dean of students about it, and he basically told him there was nothing he could do.

If you want to transfer and you have no failed classes, you can probably do it a new school with a ton of legwork. It will be very similar to applying to medical school and you will have your time wasted over and over again. My friend flew to something like 15 COM's before one took him, and he is now a year behind.

My personal take: dance with the one who brought you. Work it out at home COM, or just quit and start over for real (like MCAT, post-bacc, full nine yards). Transfers are usually like restarts if they are before the end of 2nd year anyway.

Edit: I just saw ihf556, probably a better source.

PCOM is very hard to transfer into, I know a student that successfully transferred into a different COM, but it was a newer COM. He tried PCOM also, but I believe PCOM requires your Dean to initiate the transfer, and for there to be no blemishes. My friend went there for an interview with the dean of students about it, and he basically told him there was nothing he could do.

If you want to transfer and you have no failed classes, you can probably do it a new school with a ton of legwork. It will be very similar to applying to medical school and you will have your time wasted over and over again. My friend flew to something like 15 COM's before one took him, and he is now a year behind.

My personal take: dance with the one who brought you. Work it out at home COM, or just quit and start over for real (like MCAT, post-bacc, full nine yards). Transfers are usually like restarts if they are before the end of 2nd year anyway.

Edit: I just saw ihf556, probably a better source.
Ya know op is the one who said he did it right? Lol.

Congrats on the transfer OP.

Reactions: 2 users
My opinion on this subject through the years changed from nearly impossible to doable but ridiculously hard...