Does anyone know the national average for the physiology shelf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pigglewiggle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the breakdown for the physiology shelf for this year or past years? Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

The average at every medical school is greater than the overall average nationally. It's a general rule.

Actually what schools out there use shelf exams during M1/2?

Members don't see this ad :)
LSU does too.

I don't understand why however, they keep telling us that the questions on them were designed for people who've been thru the second year curriculum, since they are retired Step 1 questions, and that we won't understand some of them . . . why are there questions on my final that I'm not going to understand??? I don't get it at all, I'm just going to try and stay as unstressed as possible thruought the experience of shelfs week that is fast approaching.

I think our average was probably lower than the national average this year. We did terribly because there was a lot of stuff that we had never seen before (ie lots of endo, etc and we haven't taken endo). They didn't tell us the national average though so I was just curious. thanks.