Does anyone know when Rosalind Franklin has its second look weekend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Addicted To SDN

Bueller...Bueller...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe a better question is do they have one? I would think we would've heard by now...

i don't think they have one...i agree with akpete.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you guys think RF compares to ui urbana-champaign?

It seems like people really like RF especially the facilities. I have a late, late interview, probably after they have a second look weekend if they do have one. But i'm accepted at UIUC som I'm not sure if I'm going to the RF interview.

Does RF still have any spots left? I have a late interview on April 27th and I have a feeling its strictly for wait-list. Does anyone know if there is a decent shot of getting in off the waitlist?
Thanks.
God Bless.
kid.

JuanRafia said:
how do you guys think RF compares to ui urbana-champaign?

It seems like people really like RF especially the facilities. I have a late, late interview, probably after they have a second look weekend if they do have one. But i'm accepted at UIUC som I'm not sure if I'm going to the RF interview.

I am going to uic also... its ranked 59, while ros frank is porob at the end... regardless of what people tell you. UIc is a much better school and dont think bc RF is in chicago and UIC is in urbana the location sucks, bc RF is in the boonies and UIC is in one of the biggest college towns..

GOOD LUCK

kidgorgeous said:
Does RF still have any spots left? I have a late interview on April 27th and I have a feeling its strictly for wait-list. Does anyone know if there is a decent shot of getting in off the waitlist?
Thanks.
God Bless.
kid.

To find out for sure what type of spot you are interviewing for, I would definitely call the school. They should be quite open in discussing with you what you will be interviewing for. I think there is a great chance to get in off of the waitlist if that is what you are interviewing for. I find that since RF is a private out-of-state school for many applicants, students choose a cheaper in state school over RF to save in cost. As a result, I believe that quite a few people are pulled off of the waitlist. Through US News and World Report states that they had 7,794 applicants send RF their primary application, 694 people actually interviewed there, and 457 of those people were accepted. While these numbers don't tell you how many people came off of a waitlist, it seems like if you interview there your chances of getting in are pretty good. Again, to get more solid information, I would call RF and find out what type of position you are interviewing for, and if it is a waitlist spot, how many people are generally pulled from the waitlist.

Calizona said:
To find out for sure what type of spot you are interviewing for, I would definitely call the school. They should be quite open in discussing with you what you will be interviewing for. I think there is a great chance to get in off of the waitlist if that is what you are interviewing for. I find that since RF is a private out-of-state school for many applicants, students choose a cheaper in state school over RF to save in cost. As a result, I believe that quite a few people are pulled off of the waitlist. Through US News and World Report states that they had 7,794 applicants send RF their primary application, 694 people actually interviewed there, and 457 of those people were accepted. While these numbers don't tell you how many people came off of a waitlist, it seems like if you interview there your chances of getting in are pretty good. Again, to get more solid information, I would call RF and find out what type of position you are interviewing for, and if it is a waitlist spot, how many people are generally pulled from the waitlist.
THanks for your reply. I did call and talked to the admissions office. They said basically the same thing that there is a lot of movement on the waitlist, however they didn't have any numbers...... The admissions staff told me that not only most of the out of staters decline their spots for cost reasons, even most of the illinois residents pick the other schools in Illinois if offered a spot. I don't know what that statement meant but let's just hope it works out.
Thanks again.
God bless.
kid.

The IL residents likely decline a spot at RF for a spot at another IL school probably because it's cheaper at the other school.

Has anyone actually got a waitlist notification? I was never told that I'm on the official waitlist, but when I called about a month after my interview they said that the adcom hadn't made a decision on me yet but alot of movement would start happening after the 15th. I called again last week and they said that the committee met again and still hadn't decided but to call again in 2 weeks. I was just wondering if everyone is in this limbo or if there is an actual waitlist and I'm not even on that. :confused: Getting a little anxious over here. I'm on 2 lists but no acceptances....

At my interview, they told me that they don't reject anyone that has interviewed until after May 15. They either say yes, or just keep your app around and look at it again next time. I guess I would assume that you're on some type of waitlist unless you get an actual rejection letter. Good luck. :luck:

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

I noticed that you seem to be waiting on Tulane as well...this wait is so tough, especially w/ no acceptances so far. Maybe I'll get lucky but after the post about Tulane's lack of withdrawals, I'm def. starting to lose hope.

Thanks for the luck! Yeah, I saw that post too. I really like Tulane, but I'm also waiting for MCW, and I think that waitlist will be more promising. Although, if I end up having to pick (I can't imagine being that lucky!), I don't know which one I like better! Well, hopefully either one of us hears from Tulane, or maybe I could give you my spot at Ros Franklin one of these days!! I really like Ros Franklin, but it just can't hold a candle to NOLA and MCW, which is my home state and closer to friends and WAY CHEAPER than either of them. :thumbup: