Does anyone know????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optimisticdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am presently considering a recent acceptance to the University of Health Sciences in Kansas City, MO. Does anyone know where I could get some information on the schools residency acceptance rates, USMLE scores and overall school rank. I have tried the most recent report from US News but the information pertaining to UHS is vauge. Although I am still pondering my possible medical specialty, I have considered pediatirc plastic surgery. Does anyone know if you can even be a plastic surgeon as a DO???? If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi OptimisticDoc!
D.O. schools are never really covered in U.S. News and World Report, so your best bet is to go and ask each individual school what their board scores, residency matches, etc are. And, as a D.O., you can enter into ANY medical specialty you want. Just like the M.D.'s, you have to be competitive enough, but other than that, the sky's the limit! Good luck!

I got a breakdown of residencies by specialty at the interview. I don't remember if they gave board scores or other stats.
If you want to be so specialized, you may want to consider going MD. Of course you can be a DO and be any type of doc, but I was under the impression that generally MD schools focus on specialties and DO more on primary care.
If you want that residency breakdown, call UHS and ask them to send it to you.