Does anyone on here actually have a high GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12345a

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of 2.8-3.5 GPA students on here getting into dental school's but not many who have a GPA > 3.5. Are there people who have a high GPA? where did you guys get into? get rejected from?

(oh and I know about predents....i'm looking for a discussion not just stats)

Members don't see this ad.

i'm pretty sure most of ppl who got in a dental school have 3.6+ gpa on this board.

The explanation is actually quite simple. People with lower stats tend to feel insecure and want advice/validation. People with better stats know they'll get in and thus don't need to talk up their stats on sdn.

Members don't see this ad :)
you see people with high GPA and low DAT scores making posts occasionally!

you see people with high GPA and low DAT scores making posts occasionally!

I'm one of them! Only managed a 20 or better in RC and PAT 16-18 on everything else. 3.70-ish GPA (don't remember exactly), with a 4.0 post-bacc. I got into UMich.

Hello,
I'm in dental school but can give you some insight.
I had an overall GPA of 3.8 and science around 3.6
Most of the people in dental school have a 3.5 or above. And the ones that have less than that, it took then a couple of cycles to get in or had a fabulous DAT score.
It's the same when you apply for residency, the schools look at your board scores first and then GPA because it depends on the school you went to.