Does anyone remember

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akalin24

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I forget the details but there was one question in which I chose the answer..... only the sperm nucleus entered the egg...

Does this ring a bell with anyone??

Members don't see this ad.

akalin24 said:
I forget the details but there was one question in which I chose the answer..... only the sperm nucleus entered the egg...

Does this ring a bell with anyone??

akalin24 should stop recalling and WORRYING about the question on the exam so much (it's not like anyone can do anything about it anymore). Just let it go man/woman..let it go..save your thinking and memory on something more useful. Have fun! Meet some new chix/guys and score with them :laugh: . MCAT scores come out in a few weeks till then move on with life :D . :idea:

what about on verbal (in the icthysaurus) when they asked what an owls focal blahblah would be?

the asnwers were like:
less .9
between 1.0 and 2.1
over 2.1

i dont even remember what i put, but i looked back in the passage and i couldnt find where this info could possibly be found

Members don't see this ad :)
indyzx said:
what about on verbal (in the icthysaurus) when they asked what an owls focal blahblah would be?

the asnwers were like:
less .9
between 1.0 and 2.1
over 2.1

i dont even remember what i put, but i looked back in the passage and i couldnt find where this info could possibly be found

indyzx,
i had no idea, since the verbal section became a guessing game for me long before i reached this passage, but i think i guessed "b/w 1.0 and 2.1"...were we supposed to assume that owls can be nocturnal, then compare it to the nocturnal cat?

byam52 said:
indyzx,
i had no idea, since the verbal section became a guessing game for me long before i reached this passage, but i think i guessed "b/w 1.0 and 2.1"...were we supposed to assume that owls can be nocturnal, then compare it to the nocturnal cat?

i thought this was a cool question (cuz i like photography)

low f stop = allows more light into the eye = better night vision

i think nocturnal cats had 1.1 f-stop. the passage said that owls are even better, so <1....i think

jhk43 said:

i think nocturnal cats had 1.1 f-stop. the passage said that owls are even better, so <1....i think

that's what I put. I think the passage stated that noctournal cats had .9 f. So knowing that owls are also noctournal, I put the only answer that fit, which was "less than 1.1".

jhk43 said:

man, my brain went numb here. i looked back in the passage and tried to find the word "owl" but couldnt for some reason. i think i narrowed it down to "between 1.1-2.1" or "less than 1.1". unfortunately i think i picked the former.

indyzx said:
man, my brain went numb here. i looked back in the passage and tried to find the word "owl" but couldnt for some reason. i think i narrowed it down to "between 1.1-2.1" or "less than 1.1". unfortunately i think i picked the former.

haha...that's what I did at first, too. But then realized owls weren't discussed (I think) in the passage.

Ya! I put that the owl had an f stop less then 1.1 too. I guess I wasnt really thinking about the owl being nocturnal, I think I just had some flash back to some animal planet show about owls being able to see rodents from far away. So I thought they could see better then cats. It always seems when I get the right answer its for the wrong reasons though.