1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Does anyone remember

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by akalin24, Apr 18, 2004.

1. akalin24

akalin24 Member
    10+ Year Member

I forget the details but there was one question in which I chose the answer..... only the sperm nucleus entered the egg...

Does this ring a bell with anyone??

2. duck2005

duck2005 Member
    5+ Year Member

yeah. i put that answer too.

3. pmpndaflip

pmpndaflip Member
    5+ Year Member

akalin24 should stop recalling and WORRYING about the question on the exam so much (it's not like anyone can do anything about it anymore). Just let it go man/woman..let it go..save your thinking and memory on something more useful. Have fun! Meet some new chix/guys and score with them :laugh: . MCAT scores come out in a few weeks till then move on with life :D . :idea:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. IndyZX

7+ Year Member

what about on verbal (in the icthysaurus) when they asked what an owls focal blahblah would be?

the asnwers were like:
    less .9
    between 1.0 and 2.1
    over 2.1

i dont even remember what i put, but i looked back in the passage and i couldnt find where this info could possibly be found

5. benzino

benzino Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

indyzx,
    i had no idea, since the verbal section became a guessing game for me long before i reached this passage, but i think i guessed "b/w 1.0 and 2.1"...were we supposed to assume that owls can be nocturnal, then compare it to the nocturnal cat?

6. jhk43

jhk43 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i thought this was a cool question (cuz i like photography)

low f stop = allows more light into the eye = better night vision

i think nocturnal cats had 1.1 f-stop. the passage said that owls are even better, so <1....i think

7. Persistence101

Persistence101 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

that's what I put. I think the passage stated that noctournal cats had .9 f. So knowing that owls are also noctournal, I put the only answer that fit, which was "less than 1.1".

8. terzian

terzian MS4
    7+ Year Member

Your answer to the sperm/egg question was right, I'm like 99.999999999% certain.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. IndyZX

7+ Year Member

man, my brain went numb here. i looked back in the passage and tried to find the word "owl" but couldnt for some reason. i think i narrowed it down to "between 1.1-2.1" or "less than 1.1". unfortunately i think i picked the former.

10. Persistence101

Persistence101 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

haha...that's what I did at first, too. But then realized owls weren't discussed (I think) in the passage.

11. aegis

aegis Primary Care and Aerospace
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Ya! I put that the owl had an f stop less then 1.1 too. I guess I wasnt really thinking about the owl being nocturnal, I think I just had some flash back to some animal planet show about owls being able to see rodents from far away. So I thought they could see better then cats. It always seems when I get the right answer its for the wrong reasons though.