akalin24

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2003
58
1
Visit site
Status
I forget the details but there was one question in which I chose the answer..... only the sperm nucleus entered the egg...

Does this ring a bell with anyone??
 

pmpndaflip

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2004
65
0
Visit site
Status
akalin24 said:
I forget the details but there was one question in which I chose the answer..... only the sperm nucleus entered the egg...

Does this ring a bell with anyone??



akalin24 should stop recalling and WORRYING about the question on the exam so much (it's not like anyone can do anything about it anymore). Just let it go man/woman..let it go..save your thinking and memory on something more useful. Have fun! Meet some new chix/guys and score with them :laugh: . MCAT scores come out in a few weeks till then move on with life :D . :idea:
 
About the Ads

IndyZX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2003
1,535
3
Status
what about on verbal (in the icthysaurus) when they asked what an owls focal blahblah would be?

the asnwers were like:
less .9
between 1.0 and 2.1
over 2.1

i dont even remember what i put, but i looked back in the passage and i couldnt find where this info could possibly be found
 

benzino

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2004
20
0
Visit site
Status
indyzx said:
what about on verbal (in the icthysaurus) when they asked what an owls focal blahblah would be?

the asnwers were like:
less .9
between 1.0 and 2.1
over 2.1

i dont even remember what i put, but i looked back in the passage and i couldnt find where this info could possibly be found
indyzx,
i had no idea, since the verbal section became a guessing game for me long before i reached this passage, but i think i guessed "b/w 1.0 and 2.1"...were we supposed to assume that owls can be nocturnal, then compare it to the nocturnal cat?
 

jhk43

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
305
0
Visit site
Status
byam52 said:
indyzx,
i had no idea, since the verbal section became a guessing game for me long before i reached this passage, but i think i guessed "b/w 1.0 and 2.1"...were we supposed to assume that owls can be nocturnal, then compare it to the nocturnal cat?
i thought this was a cool question (cuz i like photography)

low f stop = allows more light into the eye = better night vision

i think nocturnal cats had 1.1 f-stop. the passage said that owls are even better, so <1....i think
 

Persistence101

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2003
306
0
Visit site
Status
jhk43 said:
i thought this was a cool question (cuz i like photography)

low f stop = allows more light into the eye = better night vision

i think nocturnal cats had 1.1 f-stop. the passage said that owls are even better, so <1....i think
that's what I put. I think the passage stated that noctournal cats had .9 f. So knowing that owls are also noctournal, I put the only answer that fit, which was "less than 1.1".
 

terzian

MS4
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
61
1
The Sunshine State
Visit site
Status
Your answer to the sperm/egg question was right, I'm like 99.999999999% certain.
 

IndyZX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2003
1,535
3
Status
jhk43 said:
i thought this was a cool question (cuz i like photography)

low f stop = allows more light into the eye = better night vision

i think nocturnal cats had 1.1 f-stop. the passage said that owls are even better, so <1....i think
man, my brain went numb here. i looked back in the passage and tried to find the word "owl" but couldnt for some reason. i think i narrowed it down to "between 1.1-2.1" or "less than 1.1". unfortunately i think i picked the former.
 

Persistence101

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2003
306
0
Visit site
Status
indyzx said:
man, my brain went numb here. i looked back in the passage and tried to find the word "owl" but couldnt for some reason. i think i narrowed it down to "between 1.1-2.1" or "less than 1.1". unfortunately i think i picked the former.
haha...that's what I did at first, too. But then realized owls weren't discussed (I think) in the passage.
 

aegis

Primary Care and Aerospace
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2004
150
5
Somewhere in the middle
Status
Attending Physician
Ya! I put that the owl had an f stop less then 1.1 too. I guess I wasnt really thinking about the owl being nocturnal, I think I just had some flash back to some animal planet show about owls being able to see rodents from far away. So I thought they could see better then cats. It always seems when I get the right answer its for the wrong reasons though.
 
About the Ads