Does anything unusual test your dedication?

Started by LordMoban
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LordMoban

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I question if all my hard work and loans are worth it for a job that I spend standing all day.
 
Yeah, but then you can take all that money you make home and do whatever you want.
Haha kidding.
But maybe you need to rethink if pharmacy is right for you if you think all they do is stand around all day.
 
Hey,
Youre gonna get paid to stand. Be grateful!
Would you rather be paid less than a third that wage and shovel concrete or perform other hard-labor? At least its not standing all day in the unemployment line.

Let your feet ache ache and you cry all the way to the bank.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A little apprehension before any major undertaking, or even during, is totally normal! I sometimes wonder if it'll all be worth it. The harried pace through which I took the pre-requisites, the application fees, the supplemental fees, then the interview expenses, then the admission letters, then tuition and loans, then school itself, then NAPLEX and CPJE, and on and on.

I am not thoroughly convinced, though, that any other professional job for which the compensation is commensurate with the amount of crappiness entailed would be any better.

So stick with it, if it's something you want to do. If not, the economy's turning around and there are lots of options.
 
I'm aware that no job will be 100% awesome. This was during my volunteer hours at retail; luckily the pharmacy was so busy that I didn't have time to think about standing.

As the title suggests, I think it is unusual, and it does test my dedication when I'm weighing the pros and cons between pharmacy and another career. Not by much, but enough for me to be curious about what others place in the "con" scale when making a decision....especially when it might seem trivial to others.