You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Does being a resident attract more girls?
Started by VCorp
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If they are attracted to sleep deprived, minimum wage making guys, sure. 😛
I guess it shows stability, so figured that's the reason...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Things with this girl that I recently met went down the drain, and a bit disappointed by it. Buddy of mine keeps telling me that when you're a resident, you basically get a swarm of women which come after you. Is this true, or what?
Men get women, not residents.
How about attendings?
I'm glad we are finally revisiting this topic.
I'm glad we are finally revisiting this topic.
Troll? If you are still the socially inept pre-med you were in undergrad that's not going to change with MD behind your name. I have met some badass docs who definitely scored on ladies ( mostly military docs) but the vast majority were out of shape and totally anti-social when it came to girls.You might get women because of the prospect of money but not the desirable ones. Might as well start popping the 1g Z-pack now if you do choose to go with the undesirables 😉
I have met some badass docs who definitely scored on ladies ( mostly military docs)...
The militariness works more than the doctorness.
... and those are perfectly cromulent words.
There are no swarms of girls in the hospital at 4 am. You might get some gomers though.
There are no swarms of girls in the hospital at 4 am. You might get some gomers though.
Roving gangs of Filipino nightshift nurses though
There are no swarms of girls in the hospital at 4 am. You might get some gomers though.
hey girl, did u have any bowel movements last night?
hey girl, did u have any bowel movements last night?
or was that just in my dreams?
If she answers yes, get down on one knee and romantically whisper: what color was the stool?hey girl, did u have any bowel movements last night?
Jokes aside, I don't think being a resident alone is going to bring the ladies (or men) but I'd venture that if you're a nice looking guy - being a resident rather than a med student or a bartender is bound to attract women more easily.
It's like...hot is easy enough to land but nothing special. And smart/successful is easy enough to land...nothing special. But hot and smart/successful...that makes you pivot.
It's like...hot is easy enough to land but nothing special. And smart/successful is easy enough to land...nothing special. But hot and smart/successful...that makes you pivot.
Whisper it in her ear and she'll squeal like a pig.If she answers yes, get down on one knee and romantically whisper: what color was the stool?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Things with this girl that I recently met went down the drain, and a bit disappointed by it. Buddy of mine keeps telling me that when you're a resident, you basically get a swarm of women which come after you. Is this true, or what?
2
235009
If they are attracted to sleep deprived, minimum wage making guys, sure. 😛
Residents make an average to above-average yearly salary. We aren't working at mcdonald's by the hour and earning "wages". We get paid vacation and benefits like subsidized or free health insurance among many other things (like protected educational time). I know there's a tendency to be overly dramatic but in the grand scheme of things being a resident isn't bad.
You might get women because of the prospect of money but not the desirable ones.
No... Its still about your looks and personality.
I would say it is not any easier, not because a resident himself is not an attractive option for any gal out there. But it is difficult to make new friends when you live at the hospital.
That's why you make friends with your other residents 🙂
That's why you make friends with your other residents 🙂
big program here i come
The dream that my MD will finally land me a woman is all that keeps me going through med school sometimes.
(not srs)
(semi-srs)
🙁
(not srs)
(semi-srs)
🙁
When I'm a hot sexy female resident, will that land me tons of guys?
😀
Well ok probably not.
😀
Well ok probably not.
Things with this girl that I recently met went down the drain, and a bit disappointed by it. Buddy of mine keeps telling me that when you're a resident, you basically get a swarm of women which come after you. Is this true, or what?
Where do you live?
When I'm a hot sexy female resident, will that land me tons of guys?
😀
Well ok probably not.
Being a hot sexy female anything will land you a ton of guys.
Being a hot sexy female anything will land you a ton of guys.
That's not true...guys are more careful nowadays.
Troll? If you are still the socially inept pre-med you were in undergrad that's not going to change with MD behind your name. I have met some badass docs who definitely scored on ladies ( mostly military docs) but the vast majority were out of shape and totally anti-social when it came to girls.You might get women because of the prospect of money but not the desirable ones. Might as well start popping the 1g Z-pack now if you do choose to go with the undesirables 😉
In 26 years I've never genuinely felt in love.
That being said, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with a gold digger by the time I'm a board certified something.
Residents make an average to above-average yearly salary. We aren't working at mcdonald's by the hour and earning "wages". We get paid vacation and benefits like subsidized or free health insurance among many other things (like protected educational time). I know there's a tendency to be overly dramatic but in the grand scheme of things being a resident isn't bad.
Not for the hours worked highly dependent on specialty. Also depending on specialty, your educational time is hardly "protected" (i.e. getting paged during educational conferences).
The dream that my MD will finally land me a woman is all that keeps me going through med school sometimes.
(not srs)
(semi-srs)
🙁
Yeah, if that's what driving you, you're in for a rude awakening.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It will. I promise.When I'm a hot sexy female resident, will that land me tons of guys?
😀
Well ok probably not.
One can hope.In 26 years I've never genuinely felt in love.
That being said, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with a gold digger by the time I'm a board certified something.
just make sure you get a fair deal. Fair amount of gold for a fair amount of digging.In 26 years I've never genuinely felt in love.
That being said, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with a gold digger by the time I'm a board certified something.
Yeah, if that's what driving you, you're in for a rude awakening.
What drives me is knowing that I'll have a career of spending time with patients and diseases and other cool things rather than working on Excel for 14+ hrs a day.
Perhaps I'll be disappointed anyways though, from what I've heard.
What drives me is knowing that I'll have a career of spending time with patients and diseases and other cool things rather than working on Excel for 14+ hrs a day.
Perhaps I'll be disappointed anyways though, from what I've heard.
😆😆😆
Yeah that's what I thought. Sigh, why does life (and medicine) always seem like a constant parade of disappointments...
Last edited:
Yeah that's what I thought. Sigh, why does life (and medicine) always seem like a constant parade of disappointments...
I've actually used these exact words to break up with someone before.
But no, really, I'm a charmer.
If you weren't getting any before the MD, don't expect much to change.
:'(
Girls don't know what the words "resident" or "attending" mean. Keep the vocab simpler for them. Just say "doctor."
I'm a good looking female med student.
Ya'll single male residents need to call me...I just got dumped by my resident boyfriend. No he's not coming back, he met someone else.
Ya'll single male residents need to call me...I just got dumped by my resident boyfriend. No he's not coming back, he met someone else.
Advice: don't go and tell people that you're in med school/resident as soon as you meet them, save some face.
Instead, tell people that you go to grad school/work at the hospital. That's vague enough to where if someone is slightly paying attention and follows basic conversational etiquette, they'll ask what you do, and it keeps the conversation going. When you surpass expectations of being what they thought you probably are not (and don't come across as arrogant) then you are seen in a better light from their likely initial impression.
Instead, tell people that you go to grad school/work at the hospital. That's vague enough to where if someone is slightly paying attention and follows basic conversational etiquette, they'll ask what you do, and it keeps the conversation going. When you surpass expectations of being what they thought you probably are not (and don't come across as arrogant) then you are seen in a better light from their likely initial impression.
I'm a good looking female med student.
Ya'll single male residents need to call me...I just got dumped by my resident boyfriend. No he's not coming back, he met someone else.
Why not try to snag an attending?
Why did he "dump" you? Did he meet another resident?I'm a good looking female med student.
Ya'll single male residents need to call me...I just got dumped by my resident boyfriend. No he's not coming back, he met someone else.
Why do 60% of your posts make me giggle? I've run the numbers.Yeah that's what I thought. Sigh, why does life (and medicine) always seem like a constant parade of disappointments...
Why not try to snag an attending?
Because what you gain in success/career/money, you lose in agedness. One can usually afford to compromise?
Last edited:
Choose your specialty and practice setting wisely and you WILL have a rewarding career spending time with patients and cool diseases. No Excel necessary 🙂Yeah that's what I thought. Sigh, why does life (and medicine) always seem like a constant parade of disappointments...
There is at least some measure of acquired stability and means that can earn a man a bit more Poon than such a man asking such a question would have otherwise. Questionable at best as a junior intern.
It could be worse. Your equivalent in female has no such recourse.
It could be worse. Your equivalent in female has no such recourse.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Choose your specialty and practice setting wisely and you WILL have a rewarding career spending time with patients and cool diseases. No Excel necessary 🙂
So, with this in mind, what are peoples thoughts on interventional cardiology? Strongly considering it, but curious what the outlook is.
My understanding of interventional cards is that there's no longitudinal care, kind of like IR. If you're asking how much money you'll make I have no idea.So, with this in mind, what are peoples thoughts on interventional cardiology? Strongly considering it, but curious what the outlook is.
My understanding of interventional cards is that there's no longitudinal care, kind of like IR. If you're asking how much money you'll make I have no idea.
Nah I wasn't asking about money. As I understand it, somewhere in the range of 5-10 years of practice in interventional cards one can starting to pull a $390K salary, but this is substantively less in the more desirable locations, like major U.S. cities and the coasts. I expect to take a dive in salary (probably closer to $300K or a little less) in the locations I'd like to ultimately practice.
There is at least some measure of acquired stability and means that can earn a man a bit more Poon than such a man asking such a question would have otherwise. Questionable at best as a junior intern.
It could be worse. Your equivalent in female has no such recourse.
I may be misinterpreting your conclusion but I assure you the average guy under 30 nowadays is seriously hot for girls who are clever and successful. Maybe even more so than women under 30 are for our counterparts. Throw some looks in, and you're almost guaranteed the average guy to throw himself at your feet.
I may be misinterpreting your conclusion but I assure you the average guy under 30 nowadays is seriously hot for girls who are clever and successful. Maybe even more so than women under 30 are for our counterparts. Throw some looks in, and you're almost guaranteed the average guy to throw himself at your feet.
You're the spokeswoman for males under 30? Of course sex appeal is broader than appearance. It's just that medical students in general are short on the other stuff. So achievement remains an element of male sex appeal. Under 30 or over 80. Doesn't matter. Women...not so much. I wish it were different...for a number of female colleagues I'm quite find of.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 26
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 1K