Does Bryn Mawr grade on a curve?

Started by eurozo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eurozo

...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During my interview at Bryn Mawr, they mentioned something about an undergrad curve, but I wasn't clear on whether there was a postbac curve as well, or whether postbacs just reaped any benefits of the undergrad one.

Goucher says they have no curve whatsoever, so I was just trying to get clarification on Bryn Mawr.

Does anyone know the deal?

Thanks.

zo
 
I asked the same question at my interview and I was told that it depends on the class and instructor. I believe one class, specifically, does NOT curve. Maybe physics? Not entirely sure.

eurozo said:
During my interview at Bryn Mawr, they mentioned something about an undergrad curve, but I wasn't clear on whether there was a postbac curve as well, or whether postbacs just reaped any benefits of the undergrad one.

Goucher says they have no curve whatsoever, so I was just trying to get clarification on Bryn Mawr.

Does anyone know the deal?

Thanks.

zo
 
mhondy said:
I asked the same question at my interview and I was told that it depends on the class and instructor. I believe one class, specifically, does NOT curve. Maybe physics? Not entirely sure.

Interesting… So some classes do include a curve exclusively for postbacs? Given the fact that Bryn Mawr claims 100% acceptance into medical school over the last several years, it seems strange that they would use a curve and potentially harm some students' chances of getting into school. Based on some other threads on this site, it would appear that there is some fine print regarding the 100% acceptance, but nonetheless, I would think they would want as many strong candidates as possible to come out of the school, and thus would avoid a curve.

Am I missing something here?