Does dental school check for credit, drivers record??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard this, and scared the hell outta me, cause my driving record isn't exactly great. Can anyone confirm??

Members don't see this ad.

I heard this, and scared the hell outta me, cause my driving record isn't exactly great. Can anyone confirm??

lol im pretty sure they dont do a background check on you. you're applying to school, not a job. 3000+ applicants a year = don't have the resources. they might ask you to supply that info on your own, but they most likely wont go checking up on you

they do not, however...

if you have had a serious driving infraction that resulted in say a felony, then ya that would be problematic later on

they do not do credit check, but you WILL need good credit to get loans for school, unless you are already able to pay it off w/o loans.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nova does a background check om all their students, but they do not check your credit or driving record unless it resulted in a felony or other criminal charges.

Some schools do. Houston does a criminal background check (CBC). They won't let you register until the CBC is complete and you are clear.

Yeah I think youll be fine unless your actions resulted in a felony, judging by your avatar im guessing you have a supra and if i were you i dont think my driving record would be very good either, im sure id have a lot of speeding tickets...but i have a 96 honda accord oh well what can you do.