Should I take Classes at my local college even if my school does not accept the transfer credit for it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sirbeast

Reaction score
I am looking to boost my science GPA, before I apply to dental school. My current undergrad does not allow students to take classes at other colleges for transfer credit. I was wondering if I should take a few science classes (anatomy, calculus, etc) over the summer at my local college (4 years) even if I can't get transfer credit for them? Will dental schools even factor these classes I took over the summer into my science GPA, when I apply? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking to boost my science GPA, before I apply to dental school. My current undergrad does not allow students to take classes at other colleges for transfer credit. I was wondering if I should take a few science classes (anatomy, calculus, etc) over the summer at my local college (4 years) even if I can't get transfer credit for them? Will dental schools even factor these classes I took over the summer into my science GPA, when I apply? Thanks!
When you apply you will be sending a transcript from each college or university you attended, so the dental schools will see all your grades. You don’t have to even ask your current undergrad to take these as transfer credits.

Reactions: 1 users
When you apply you will be sending a transcript from each college or university you attended, so the dental schools will see all your grades. You don’t have to even ask your current undergrad to take these as transfer credits.

Will the dental schools look at the grades I got at my local college less favorably because it is a lot less prestigious than my current undergrad (top 20)?

Will the dental schools look at the grades I got at my local college less favorably because it is a lot less prestigious than my current undergrad (top 20)?
No, as long as it’s an accredited college. Try to take all the classes in person -vs- online if you can.

Reactions: 3 users