Does ECE report consider the % of the class ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentidont

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys, I got curious about something.
The first thing is - When converting the original GPA to the standard value, does the ECE report take into consideration about what % you are in the class ?

I mean, if someone was relatively high-graded than others (say, 5th best from the top among the 100 colleagues), and has low GPA like 3.2/4.3 do they convert this to something like 3.3/4.0 , in acknowledgement of the achievements he made?

Estimated ones achievement bast on the grade points solely seems like a great disadvantage for the students in schools who get very low GPA in average.....

The other question is,... - Can I request a ECE report even if I did not graduate yet? ( to check out how the conversion actually comes out)

Could someone give me the answers of the questions?

Members don't see this ad.

No you can't request ECE report if not graduated yet...
I do not know how many of you had have problems with ECE evaluation, giving really low gpa that even in our own countries won't be accepted we would have not graduated...I sent my transcripts to other 2 different companies and they gave a BETTER gpa. I talked to the ECE people and their best help was a 2 line paragraph in the same evaluation no very noticeable, the damage was already done.

No you can't request ECE report if not graduated yet...
I do not know how many of you had have problems with ECE evaluation, giving really low gpa that even in our own countries won't be accepted we would have not graduated...I sent my transcripts to other 2 different companies and they gave a BETTER gpa. I talked to the ECE people and their best help was a 2 line paragraph in the same evaluation no very noticeable, the damage was already done.

Hi,
Can you tell me the names of the other companies that you went to get your evaluations? I need to get an evaluation soon, and I'm not sure where to go.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
ECE is pretty bad. I kind of regret not using another company. I guess I chose ECE because most schools recommends it.

If I were you I would chose another company. But make sure the school will accept it.

ECE gave me a bad GPA. And it wasn't fair because my school is considered one of the best in South America and they are very strict when giving scores.. they do not consider the ranking at all...
Hopefully the schools will take that in consideration. I have a friend who graduated with me and he is now at Harvard doins his masters in Perio. He said his school and many other are aware of that...

That is the reason I want to use a different service. Can anyone recommend an evaluation service they had a good experience with?

That is the reason I want to use a different service. Can anyone recommend an evaluation service they had a good experience with?
hi you can choose wes , but most of the schools recommend that you should use ece . rest is up to you