Does everyone get a different test on actual test day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

golfer_123

I was just informed by someone who took the test in April that everyone gets a different test with different passages and questions on actual test day?? (expect writing sample prompts)
Is this true??
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, there are many different forms though some will have certain questions in common.

Yes, I found this out by first-hand experience during the lunch break on the April MCAT day, while chatting with my regular Kaplan buddies. At the UH test site, there were at least 3 different test versions (A/B/M, I believe). And here I thought the point of the MCAT was to standardize ALL applicants... I guess I was wrong. I was mad for about 5 minutes, and then I went on to finish my lunch and switch gears. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
And yes, the Writing Sample prompts are all the same.

Good luck August test takers!

I still don't think it's fair for THE standardized test of med school applicants. Ah well, it's all going down hill now with the recent decision to imploy the CBT (computer based test)...

the tests are standardized by each and every individual test form and not by the mcat testing population as a whole. so it all balances out in the end, if that's what you're worried about.

perfectmoment said:
the tests are standardized by each and every individual test form and not by the mcat testing population as a whole. so it all balances out in the end, if that's what you're worried about.
So they take all the people who wrote a particular version of the test and standardize from that point?

You guys will hear about the different versions on August 20th when this forum is jammed, that was my experience in April

Each test is scored and the data is viewed. Then each form is put on a continuum. Then it is curved accordingly to which side it is on the spectrum to make sure each test is "standardized".

Why can't they just keep it simple and give everyone the same test? That'll make sure everything is fair. Are they afraid of people copying each other's answers or something?