does feinberg favor illinois residents

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Get a 4.0/3.6 to get into HPME. 🙂 If you don't get in, it's not that big of a deal. Good luck, don't focus on medical school, it's too early..
 
Last edited:
I applied to HPME in high school but I got rejected before they even gave out the application. I still got into NU anyways and just got into Feinberg through the NUPSP program (early admission but for NU undergrads and you apply at the beggining of Junior year). Just goes to show, getting in through HPME does mean you wont get into Feinberg.

Actually, most people aren't ready to make that decision on their own until after they have experience in undergrad. After all, HPME pretty much expects you to have clinical experience and research and volunteering all within your high school resume. As someone who does not have parents (or even extended family members/family friends) in the medical field, this was not a possibility for me in high school. However, through my connections on campus, I was able to find the opportunities I needed to explore the medical field. Conclusion, apply if you can, but dont take it to seriously if you dont get in.
 
no but feinberg does very much favor northwestern undergraduates, unlike other med schools like weil cornell
Where did you hear that Weill Cornell doesn't favor Cornell undergraduates?

SDN has had posts on both sides (and more recently, on the side that Weill Cornell does have preference towards Cornell undergraduates).
 
To answer your question - Feinberg has never demonstrated any institutional preferences for Illinois residents. The classes are from all over the world.

They have really cut down the HPME spots in previous years, but hell, if you're qualified for HPME, I'd also consider the Ivy's and have a great time, get a good pedigree, and just apply the normal route.

I am... ahem... not biased in any of these recommendations, nor do I have any personal experience. Ahem.
 
Yeah...I hope they don't dissolve the HPME program completely as I've beeen hearing that they've been taking up spots at Feinberg for more qualified students.