MD & DO Does FIN grade get replaced after you take the final and get a letter grade for the class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheSuperColider

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the final and got a B so does the FIN stay on my transcript and get calculated or is it like the FIN was never there?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

I checked my transcript and the FIN grade is not physically on my transcript and there is a B in place of the class. I called AAMC and asked my colleges registration office and they both said that since the grade is not on my transcript, then it will not be calculated. Does this change anything?