Does GPA matter when you apply for a hospital job?

Started by Altary
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Seeing as you can't get a hospital job in my area without a residency, and residencies have GPA cut offs...the answer is yes, indirectly.

But, if I'm hiring someone out of school for some weird and bizarre reason, it's because you were a clinical dynamo on rotations, I'll take anything above a 3.0 without asking questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You weren't the president of Rho Chi? No worries, just go back to CVS and don't expect to get hired 😉
 
this is the funniest thread I've read in awhile. Haha, myself, I have never, not even once been asked for my GPA. Then again, I was Rho Cho, so maybe that speaks for itself.