does it matter wich physics I take

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podarski

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wandering if the year of physics schools require has to be gen physic 1 & 2, or or can it be any physics class I want as long as they are accompanied by a lab

Members don't see this ad.

Im not sure about exactly which physics is required. But I do know that you must complete a year of a physics series, not random physics classes. So I think you should take any physics series as long as its not something that sounds like its for engineering majors. They have physics of life science majors at most colleges/universities. You don't have to take calculus physics unless you want to.

podarski said:
Just wandering if the year of physics schools require has to be gen physic 1 & 2, or or can it be any physics class I want as long as they are accompanied by a lab

podarski said:

My opinion is that you need to take Phy I and Phy II( not calculus based) to meet the dental school requirements. However, taking calculus based physics courses will definite add some muscle to your sciences requirements provided you excel in them. If you think you are not good in calculus, then stay away from calculus based Physics courses. Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Afz is right.... I remember back in the days I was adviced by my pre-dental committee and several dental schools that the non calculus based physics meets the physics requirement... but remember even those include labs so thats the catch... you must take the lab too....

Just remember reading a thread pertaining to something like this... yeah its self full filling to take a challenging course like engineering physics ...it may make your stats look impressive but thats only if you get a stellar grade... better chance doing that with the non calculus physics... good luck!!!

thanks a bunch I definatley will stick to the non calculas based physics!