Does it seem like I'm checking off a box here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pamp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I posted a question of me getting a job at an urgent care as a temporary phlebotomist. That position evolved in me getting a position as a medical assistant doing Covid-19 nasal swabs and antibody testing. Its been a pretty remarkable experience but by the time I got done with training and shadowing (about 30 hours) I got 150 hours on the clock. If i could continue the job, I absolutly would but I've moved back to college now. Does the lack of hours make it seem like im checking off a box here? While i know its not an amazing amount of hours i feel like it was still a tremendous insight into the clincial setting especially in this uncertain time in healthcare.

Members don't see this ad.

Where was the shadowing? What kind of doc did you shadow? Over the next year you should try to expand your clinical experiences. Maybe you could go back when you are home on breaks. How is your nonclinical volunteering?

Where was the shadowing? What kind of doc did you shadow? Over the next year you should try to expand your clinical experiences. Maybe you could go back when you are home on breaks. How is your nonclinical volunteering?
Sorry for not clarifiying, the shadowing i listed here is for my job training. I have another 100 hours of volunteering at a hospital, which ill try to expand upon post Covid(if there is a post). I also have founded a new volunteering organization thats going to be a major focus of mine for the next year so thatll probably account for most of my nonclinical volunteering.

Reactions: 1 user