Medical Does listing future coursework impede an application's timeline of being reviewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does listing future coursework impede an application's timeline of being reviewed? I would like my app to be transmitted to the schools by July 10th, and I am trying to fill out and submit secondarys at the earliest time I can, but I also might need to take Physics II at a future point and tentatively set Spring 2021 as my intended time to take it. It's the one pre-req I don't have, though my post-bacc entailed taking higher level science coursework. Checking school sites tended to point out swapping a biochem grade for orgo II, but I've never seen anything about swapping phys II with another course. I'm just concerned that if I list it, it'll delay my application being marked as complete or something.

Would it be detrimental to my app if I left out my intention to take it in the future?
Every school will treat future prerequisites differently when it comes to screening priority, but I would at least be assured seeing that you have it listed as a future course knowing it is a required class for entry. It shouldn't have any bearing on the speed of your transcript verification as being complete on that account.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, that's good to know. Could it by any chance have a bearing on a school's decision process? For example, in a hypothetical situation where someone got an interview in the fall, would it be possible that the school won't make a decision regarding the applicant until they've received the scores of the course in the spring?
The current pandemic situation makes this no longer a simple answer, and it's too challenging to anticipate what 100+ (180+) admissions committees are going to do. So my conjecture is "it's always possible."

Status
Not open for further replies.