Does MCG Send Out Secondaries for Verified AMCAS Applications Before MCAT Scores Are Released?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GaStu1994

A Mixture of Emergent Properties
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for the 2017 matriculation cycle to the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) at Augusta University.

I submitted my AMCAS the first day that submissions were allowed (June 7, 2016), and it had been verified by the next morning (June 8). All of my LORs are in. I took the MCAT on June 2, 2016, but the scores for that test date will not be released until 5:00 PM ET on July 6.

I know that AMCAS will release verified applications to medical schools on June 24, and MCG's official MD application FAQ sheet states that "All applicants who are U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents with a valid permanent residency (green) card are sent Secondary Applications," so I'm curious as to whether MCG will email me my Secondary after receiving my verified AMCAS application on June 24, but before seeing my MCAT scores when they are released 12 days later on July 6.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.