1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

does noble gas have electronegatively, affinity?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Smooth Operater, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Smooth Operater

Smooth Operater don't bug "operatEr"!
    5+ Year Member

does noble gas have electronegatively, affinity? thanks~!

2. Streetwolf

Streetwolf Ultra Senior Member
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Ya (you can still technically remove or add an electron to one) but they are ridiculously high due to their stability.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I believe they have no electronegativity. I think I read that in the Kaplan Blue Book, periodic table chapter in the general chemistry section.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. scdocusc

2+ Year Member

no electronegativity because of a full shell of 8 electrons there is not need to pull other electrons. It is too stable in it's neutral state.

-SC doc

5. Streetwolf

Streetwolf Ultra Senior Member
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Sorry I was referring to affinity not electronegativity.

Affinity is really close to 0 (which would be the most positive value on the periodic table since the halogens are strongly negative).

They aren't given an electronegativity.