does prereq gpa include non-science classes?

Started by icu
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

icu

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reading an earlier thread and realized I'm a bit confused about what courses compose the prerequisite gpa. I used to be pre-med and it was basic sciences gpa vs overall gps. if you are counting pre-op prereqs does that mean you are counting the sciences or does the include the english, math, etc. also, if you count prereqs this way, wouldn't it mean it'd be different for each school? just curious as I start to figure out my own numbers...

thanks!
 
The pre-reqs include all the optometry requirements listed on the schools admissions site. Soem of these requirements are non-science courses like English, Math, etc. Hope this helps.