Does School go by fast??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aer12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all!

I am just curious for you all you P4ers and recent grads...did you feel like those first 3 years of pharm school went by fairly quickly, honestly?

Its not that I'm in a huge hurry to get done, its just that I already have a previous degree (graduated this past may!!!) and I feel like 3 more years of actual classes sounds life FOREVER (even though I know its not:)). My fourth year I can move to where my parents live to compete my rotations, so I look forward to that! And it doesn't help that I had to move to a town that I don't really like...had to leave all family/friends/significant other, etc. On the bright side, I love school, classes, and the faculty!

So...does it go by fast :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in my fifth straight year of school. I still have 2.75 years to go (1.75 if you don't count rotations). While I'm in it, it seems like time has slowed to an imperceptible crawl. On the other hand, it's hard to believe it's almost November. I guess it goes quickly and slowly - very Zen, no?

I'm kind of over school. Now it's just something to get through. I'm trying to convince myself it's all good - but since I just spent two+ days on a worthless paper wherein I embellished through my nose about the value of stalking patients in the OTC aisles - I'm having a little trouble with goodness.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey all!

I am just curious for you all you P4ers and recent grads...did you feel like those first 3 years of pharm school went by fairly quickly, honestly?

Its not that I'm in a huge hurry to get done, its just that I already have a previous degree (graduated this past may!!!) and I feel like 3 more years of actual classes sounds life FOREVER (even though I know its not:)). My fourth year I can move to where my parents live to compete my rotations, so I look forward to that! And it doesn't help that I had to move to a town that I don't really like...had to leave all family/friends/significant other, etc. On the bright side, I love school, classes, and the faculty!

Yes...I just graduated and I can't believe I am done.

hey all!

No, it goes by slowwwww. :laugh:

I'm in the middle of my P2 year. It's going by fast, but I hate thinking about the 925 days until I graduate.
If you REALLY want to, you can figure out how many days you have left :laugh: by clicking on this link > http://www.easysurf.cc/ndate2.htm

1304 days left...damn probably shouldn't have any looked at that.

I'm in my last year and I can tell you that for me it went by incredibly fast! The rotations part goes by even faster than the didactic portion of the curriculum!

since I just spent two+ days on a worthless paper wherein I embellished through my nose about the value of stalking patients in the OTC aisles - I'm having a little trouble with goodness.

I think I'd rather write about stalking patients than writing about expiry dates or teaching fifth graders who have the attention spans of gnats about how to brush their teeth.

If school will take 3 years, then it will take 3 years. No faster nor no slower.
It's all a perception.

However, here is a common perception we all subscribe to. Older you get, faster time seems to go by. Also, time flies when you're having fun. Weekend seems to by faster than Monday through Thursday. Well, perhaps because weekend is shorter than Monday through Thursday.

I remember my elementary school years.. it used to take forever to move up a grade... and summer vacations seem to last a good while... by the time I was in college, 3 months of summer vacation flew by.

I look back now...my last 20 years flew by. But my first 20 years...took a while.

I've found that it's a lot like having a tiny baby was - fast and slow at the same time. When you first have that baby, it seems like every day is so long and the child will never grow; then all of the sudden you turn around and you have a 5 year old. So, I agree with the other poster - it almost seems like it goes by slowly in some ways and very fast in others.

It seems initially very slow, and then it hits you that your almost done. One day your a P-1 and next you're a P-3. They just showed us our tentative P-4 schedule with its tentative graduation date. The end seems more real now than it did in January.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in my last year and I can tell you that for me it went by incredibly fast! The rotations part goes by even faster than the didactic portion of the curriculum!

Agree. :love:

Thanks so much for the responses!!

I'm in my last year of pharmacy and I really think it went by super fast. It only seems like yesterday when I was in derm class trying to figure out what a corticosteroid was. It went by so fast that I can't even remember what exactly happened during P1, 2 , and 3, except for the therapeutic stuff luckily.
So don't worry, you'll be out and about in a blink of an eye!
Good luck to you!

I graduated last May. Pharmacy school went by sooo slow. I thought it would never end. Absolute torture.

My year of rotations did fly by though.

I'm graduating and May and I feel like school has gone by fast, especially rotations. That being said though I've been very involved in student organizations and attribute school flying by in part due to this. I found that the more involved I was, the better I would do in school because it helped me balance my time. As has been stated though it's all relative. I still can't believe I'll be done in a few months but I'm definately ready to start a residency...I've heard that they fly by even more than rotations.

I'm graduating and May and I feel like school has gone by fast, especially rotations. That being said though I've been very involved in student organizations and attribute school flying by in part due to this. I found that the more involved I was, the better I would do in school because it helped me balance my time. As has been stated though it's all relative. I still can't believe I'll be done in a few months but I'm definately ready to start a residency...I've heard that they fly by even more than rotations.

Yeah! I found that I would do better in school if I had other things on my plate. Well, I'm not really into school organizations and stuff, but I did still work part-time as a pharmacy assistant. I noticed a significant grade point increase once I started to work. I don't know why that happened, maybe it was because I became more organized and focused. You guys should try it too, if you want time to fly by and do better in school :laugh:

I'm a P-2 and even though I like school I sure hope the years fly by...my husband lives on the other side of the country :(

It goes by reeeally fast. There's not enough time to fully study and understand all materials in my classes. At any given exam I probably know 1/2 to 3/4 of the stuff I should know, and then I deduce the rest from what I know.

Its gone by pretty fast for me. Almost feels like I just started and I am in my fourth year. I am ready for it to be over though!