does temple like research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k00laid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm filling out the pre-interview summary for the Temple interview and was wondering if I should talk about my research experience. Does Temple like seeing a lot of research or do they not care at all?

For anyone else that is also filling out the pre-int summary, would you mind posting what general topic you talked about in your answers? When they say "other than community service, what will you contribute?" I'm not sure what is considered as community service. Would saying that I will contribute my compassionate personality and provide a comforting environment for them be considered as community service still? I don't want to know specifically what others are writing, just someone to guide me in the right direction as to what they're asking for.

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I think that they are aware of the questions' ambiguity. They are smart folks and expect that different people will interpret the questions in different ways. I interpreted it as asking why am I a good fit for the dental profession (or for the school in the first question) and vice versa.

If you feel that your exceptional compassion is an important contribution to the profession, you might think about why and also think about examples of past experiences that demonstrate your exceptional compassion. I hope this isn't too frustrating! I'm just trying to help stimulate your thought processes without putting thoughts in your head. ;)

I'm sure you'll do great! :)

Last edited:
do you have a pulse?

can you pay the tuition?

can you form coherent sentences?

If yes, Temple wants you.