Does the provided mouse have a usable scroll wheel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shulace

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The title sums it up. For the actual DAT, are we provided with a mouse that has a scroll wheel that's also useable in the RC?

Also does advancing to the next question in RC reset you from your current position in the essay to the very beginning (like what happens when you click during a Bootcamp RC)?

Members don't see this ad.

The title sums it up. For the actual DAT, are we provided with a mouse that has a scroll wheel that's also useable in the RC?

Also does advancing to the next question in RC reset you from your current position in the essay to the very beginning (like what happens when you click during a Bootcamp RC)?

I would like to know too. It can be helpful in the RC section.

It resets to the beginning but if you go back to a question it saves to where you left off for that question. No scroll mouse. It will not let you move to the next question

Members don't see this ad :)
my mouse was perfect. i had no troubles. i think the only trouble i had was the QR section. the mouse was fine but the calculator was laggy. so you had to click..wait a second..click..wait a second...click...wait a second.. so you would spend like 10 seconds punching in your numbers. i feel its deliberately done so we just slow down and waste time on the math section.

Agreed my mouse was laggy for qr. agreed it was prob to reward people who do mental math. Typing in zeros were the worst like for 40000

Wow I'm sorry to hear that. I've been using my laser gaming mouse during the practice exams. Time to dig out an old generic one for now.

If you were to take a guess, what size and resolution were the monitors? Also was CDP an accurate representation of the sizes and layouts on the actual exam?

Wow I'm sorry to hear that. I've been using my laser gaming mouse during the practice exams. Time to dig out an old generic one for now.

If you were to take a guess, what size and resolution were the monitors? Also was CDP an accurate representation of the sizes and layouts on the actual exam?
Mine was a 15 inch LCD monitor. I spent a good portion of the tutorial wiping the smudges off with my finger. After raising my hand and waving at the window with the testing center ladies, no one noticed so I said screw it and just took to the screen myself. I was like, "is this for real?".

CDP was really accurate in terms of the layout of all of the questions: blue bar, buttons in the right places, timer, etc. However, the holes for hole punching varied per question. Some holes were smaller, some were larger. The concept is the SAME, they don't throw in more hole punches just because the holes are smaller. They are just physically smaller. Weird, I know. Everything else is the same.

i feel its deliberately done so we just slow down and waste time on the math section.

I KNOW! That's exactly what I said a few weeks ago. The reason the calculator sucks is because it's just one MORE way to make this test difficult. It's like running an obstacle course filled with mud pits and alligators and fire.

Yeah there was a scroll wheel when I took the test last year; however, despite being naturally inclined to the scroll wheel, I remember having frequently used the page up/down keys.
Added bonus: Here are some relevant-remnant flashes of what ever is left from my episodic memory:
Mouse_optic_HP_DC172B_CIT_GRUP_1.jpg
1329221698_313953308_2-Pictures-of--17-HP-LCD-WITHOUT-SPOT.jpg
65371.jpeg