Does this class count as a science course for MD, DO, or neither?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted843384

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took an honors course (so has not department tag besides HONORS) in "surviving natural disasters". The majority of the class was calculating and analyzing statistics from different indices/scales, while the rest was understanding different natural disasters. This probably wouldn't count as BCPM for AMCAS, but I wasn't sure due to the majority of the class being statistics. For DO, I wasn't sure because it included the statistics (math) but also seems like a geology class (which would be included).

Example of project for the class: You had to determine the biggest natural hazard to an area by calculating several different analysis factors and seeing the frequency of the events.

Sounds like environmental science and/or geology, which both count as sciences for DO sGPA calculations. What department did the instructor belong to?

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like environmental science and/or geology, which both count as sciences for DO sGPA calculations. What department did the instructor belong to?
Engineering, so I guess definitely DO!

Reactions: 1 user