Does this count as a "semester of Calc"?

Started by ZRCMed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZRCMed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I know that many/most medical schools require a semester of calculus. I was wondering if this class would fulfill the requirement: Elements of Calculus " Introductory topics in differential and integral calculus." It isn't "Calculus 1" but rather a survey of Calc 1 + 2. Does this fill the requirement or do I need to take Calc 1?
 
So, I know that many/most medical schools require a semester of calculus. I was wondering if this class would fulfill the requirement: Elements of Calculus " Introductory topics in differential and integral calculus." It isn't "Calculus 1" but rather a survey of Calc 1 + 2. Does this fill the requirement or do I need to take Calc 1?

It will most likely fulfill it.
 
I'd ask your college pre-health advisor, as no one here will be as familiar with your school's curriculum.
 
I'd ask your college pre-health advisor, as no one here will be as familiar with your school's curriculum.

^Snarky's right.

That being said, a survey course that covers calc I & II would seem likely to cover the requirement for a single-semester course.