Does this count as BCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueElmo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What exactly counts as BCPM? There is a course I took called "Plants, Agriculture, and Society" but it is offered by the department of Plant and Microbial Biology. Do you think this is part of BCPM? The course itself was geared more towards economics rather than biological.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't risk it. If AMCAS decides to challenge the course, you'll be required to provide the syllabus for the class. If the syllabus isn't >50% science, you'll have problems.

What exactly counts as BCPM? There is a course I took called "Plants, Agriculture, and Society" but it is offered by the department of Plant and Microbial Biology. Do you think this is part of BCPM? The course itself was geared more towards economics rather than biological.

So, therefore, no, it shouldn't count as BCPM; you answered your own question.

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS can be weird...I am a linguistics minor so I had a bunch of courses in Syntax listed on my primary application. I listed them under "other" since it was linguistics...AMCAS decided to 'correct' that and put them under COMP...I mean it still stood under AO...but you never know.

What about science research credit hours, do they go under AO or BCPM in AMCAs? Or are they not counted at all??

I've got a class I'm not sure about as well. It is listed in the course catalog as either PSYCH 120 or BIOSCI 120: Cellular Neuroscience. It was highly biological; we went into great detail about action potentials, vision systems, etc. However, on my transcript, it is listed as PSYCH 120. Should I consider it BCPM, or only go by the literal acronym?

I've got a class I'm not sure about as well. It is listed in the course catalog as either PSYCH 120 or BIOSCI 120: Cellular Neuroscience. It was highly biological; we went into great detail about action potentials, vision systems, etc. However, on my transcript, it is listed as PSYCH 120. Should I consider it BCPM, or only go by the literal acronym?

BCPM. The department that taught the course is irrelevant.