Does this count as “time off college” or “gaps in college attendance” on secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jinjames0

Reaction score
Hi SDN !

Due to personal reasons, I missed 1 month of a school semester. It costed me Pass/Failing Genetics (I ended up getting a B+ but this would have hurt my science GPA) and losing attendance points in a non-science course (resulting in B+). I didn’t take leave of absence or anything, but I thought this would be an appropriate place to talk about me Pass/Failing genetics. Is it? Or is this more appropriate for “Anything else you want to tell us?” prompts.

Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions in advance !

Members don't see this ad.

No, this is not what they mean by it. Losing .01 off your GPA for a B+ is not something you should write about.

Do not fill out the “Anything else you want to tell us?” section with the 1 time P/F situation either.

Reactions: 4 users
Concur with @chilly_md. The "Did you take time out" question is to explain gaps in your school attendance (e.g. it was not graduate HS in the spring, start college in the fall, complete college in 3-5 years essentially non-stop with or without summers off). Some time off is often captured in the work & activities section (e.g. Mormon mission for 2 years) but some are not (take semester or year(s) off due to economic hardship, parental or personal illness, high-risk pregnancy/birth of a child with special needs).

Reactions: 1 user
No, this is not what they mean by it. Losing .01 off your GPA for a B+ is not something you should write about.

Do not fill out the “Anything else you want to tell us?” section with the 1 time P/F situation either.
Concur with @chilly_md. The "Did you take time out" question is to explain gaps in your school attendance (e.g. it was not graduate HS in the spring, start college in the fall, complete college in 3-5 years essentially non-stop with or without summers off). Some time off is often captured in the work & activities section (e.g. Mormon mission for 2 years) but some are not (take semester or year(s) off due to economic hardship, parental or personal illness, high-risk pregnancy/birth of a child with special needs).
Thank you !