Does this make me a bad interviewer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpideyMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve had 6 MD interviews and this has been the results:
3WL
1WL->R
1A
1 delayed decision (vermont)

Does this make me a bad interviewer? Thanks!

Edit: For DO I got into every place I interviewed at 15 programs except one waitlist. Idk if that rly says I’m a good interviewer tho because the programs tend to be less competitive.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No longer matters, congrats!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
So you are downplaying 14 other offers to ask if you are a bad interviewee? Stop going into hyperactive on imposter syndrome... you're fine! You can be a great interviewee and still lose (a job, a prize, etc). You had no outright Rs unless they came after you got placed as an alternate. You're good.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No longer matters, congrats!!!!
Thanks ! This may come across as poor, but I really wanted to go to my state school for the in state tuition and to stay close to family rather than traveling far for school :(

Why are you even asking this question? You're in – congratulations!
Thanks ! This may come across as poor, but I really wanted to go to my state school for the in state tuition and to stay close to family rather than traveling far for school :(

SpideyMD- username checks out haha. Dude, medical school admissions is a crapshoot these days. Not because ADCOMs suck, but because there are way too many applicants per spot. Who knows why you didn't get your in state school? You'll still be a great doctor.

Also for what it's worth- I'm going to medical school farther away from my family too, and honestly, I really wouldn't have the time to spend with them anyway. School gets wild pretty quick.
Why do you say name checks out LOL.

School does get crazy busy but even for a long weekend it would be nice. I understand though and admissions really is crazy these days which is why we apply to so many schools! Thank you for your time :)

Reactions: 1 user
I also wanted to stay close to family but didn’t get into my state school - it sucks especially the tuition, but I’ve also grown a lot from the experience and gotten to experience a new place/things I never otherwise would have. So it’s not all bad if you end up having to go to an out of state school :)

Reactions: 1 user
You got your MD admission. Who cares about the other schools?
Some places admit >50% of the people they interview and others are as low as 10 or 20%. That seems like a huge waste of everyone’s time, but they must have some justification for it.
Congratulations.

Reactions: 1 users