1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Does this makes me look fat???

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Dr. FS, Jul 23, 2000.

1. Dr. FS

Dr. FS Member
    10+ Year Member

Ok, here it is. After doing some research i have found that i might like the DO's phylosophy better than the other... But, i am consern about getting a spot for an ***Emergency residence possition, and or ***getting Jobs after becoming a DO.

My Questions are:

1)If you are already a DO, are you satisfied with the profession...(reputation, salary, respect from MD and patients, dealing with this kind of quetions...***how confidant do YOU FEEL ABOUT BEING A DO....please excuse me if you find this question offensive, but i feel that it cannot be ignored!)

2)***Is it hard to find jobs in big cities such as New York...with a specialty other than primary care...example Emergnecy medicine.

3)***Do DO's and MD's have the same salary (assuming they have the same specialty)

4)**what do you like/dislike about the profession.

Any coment would be of great help on making my decision. i understand this question might offend some of you. if you are offended please excuse me...i need the information, so i have to ask

Dr. FS

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jdg

jdg

To partly answer your questions, yes you will be able to get into an emergency medicine residency as a DO without much of a problem and DOs and MDs salaries are the same.