Does this makes me look fat???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. FS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, here it is. After doing some research i have found that i might like the DO's phylosophy better than the other... But, i am consern about getting a spot for an ***Emergency residence possition, and or ***getting Jobs after becoming a DO.

My Questions are:

1)If you are already a DO, are you satisfied with the profession...(reputation, salary, respect from MD and patients, dealing with this kind of quetions...***how confidant do YOU FEEL ABOUT BEING A DO....please excuse me if you find this question offensive, but i feel that it cannot be ignored!)

2)***Is it hard to find jobs in big cities such as New York...with a specialty other than primary care...example Emergnecy medicine.

3)***Do DO's and MD's have the same salary (assuming they have the same specialty)

4)**what do you like/dislike about the profession.

Any coment would be of great help on making my decision. i understand this question might offend some of you. if you are offended please excuse me...i need the information, so i have to ask

Dr. FS

Members don't see this ad.

To partly answer your questions, yes you will be able to get into an emergency medicine residency as a DO without much of a problem and DOs and MDs salaries are the same.