Does this sound like clinical volunteering?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobethegoat24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I found a great clinical volunteering opportunity, I am already volunteering with hospice but it doesn't give me enough hours. This opportunity lets me volunteer 8 hours a week and the tasks listed are
  • Manage the information desk, transfer incoming calls to patient rooms, provide directions to visitors and patients
  • Deliver flowers, postal mail and printouts of email messages to patients
  • Provide community information and serve beverages and cookies to families in our waiting areas
  • Assist in patient discharge, fill water pitchers, visit with patients and family members, carry out errands for nursing staff
  • Serve as clerical support in non-patient departments
I really like the opportunity but I am not sure if this is considered clinical volunteering?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Are you interacting with the patients themselves?

For volunteering to be considered clinical, you need to have actual and regular interaction with patients.

Are you interacting with the patients themselves?

For volunteering to be considered clinical, you need to have actual and regular interaction with patients.
It does say that I would need to visit with patients and family but I am just bringing them cookies and stuff and just speaking with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes its clinical volunteering. Lets not get too nitpicky

You talking to them regularly makes it clinical.