Does Tufts have Cerec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist32721

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
Compared to BU (according to BU, they are the first all digital dentistry) I couldn't find any information about CEREC in Tufts.
Does Tufts have it?
If not, then should I go to BU just because of its digital dentistry?

Members don't see this ad.

It's probably the best to call the schools and ask them for a direct answer.

I work with CEREC in my office but it isn't always the best option for patients due to CEREC limitations.

You can take a CE course anyways to be proficient with CEREC.
It's actually very easy to use the software and digital impressions are easy, too.

Ditto on calling to ask ^
Our dental office also uses a CEREC machine, albeit an older model, but still works very well (and it's pretty cool)! My dentist is a Tufts alum and is proficient in using CEREC. Now, I'm not sure if she learned it through the CE courses or through her education at Tufts, so please don't quote me on this lol. Call to make sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Incis0r lol. you pmed me regarding Tufts before but sure.

Reactions: 1 users
It's one thing for a school to have CEREC. It's another thing if they actually let the students use it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi
Compared to BU (according to BU, they are the first all digital dentistry) I couldn't find any information about CEREC in Tufts.
Does Tufts have it?
Tufts has Cerec. We also mill and glaze in house. Its actually a graduation requirement to do a CAD/CAM crown.

Hi
Does Tufts have it?

No... the technology is so simple, you don't need any courses to do crowns. Now maybe implant treatment planning, yes, but crown scanning/design/milling and implant digital impressions, can be learned in 30 mins. I'd be more concerned about the bureaucracy that the school would place on such a relatively simple to use system

Reactions: 1 user