doing kaplan full lengths after studying with EK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

da_donut

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know a lot of people say kaplan full lengths are harder than the real thing and thus not representative, but I was thinking of doing some inbetween doing aamc full lengths for extra practice (just the PS and the BS not the kaplan verbal). However I'm studying from EK not kaplan, so should that make a difference or are their questions fair game regardless since they're technically testing the same concepts?

Any advice is appreciated!

(P.S. the consensus seems to be kaplan 5-8 are the way to go...anyone beg to differ?)

Members don't see this ad.

kaplan questions are all fair game. anything in kaplan was covered in kaplan for the most part....except when they start talking about fetal respiration and circulation. but i've found it relatively easy to transition over. ppl say 5-8 are the way to go but i got the same exact thing on 2, 4, and 5 and the same thing in bs and ps in 6-9 so i guess you could do either one...i've just noticed that the later ones seemed to be focused more on one concept in the PS section.

da_donut said:
Hi everyone,

I know a lot of people say kaplan full lengths are harder than the real thing and thus not representative, but I was thinking of doing some inbetween doing aamc full lengths for extra practice (just the PS and the BS not the kaplan verbal). However I'm studying from EK not kaplan, so should that make a difference or are their questions fair game regardless since they're technically testing the same concepts?

Any advice is appreciated!

(P.S. the consensus seems to be kaplan 5-8 are the way to go...anyone beg to differ?)

I have actually faired worse with the AAMC tests. I like Kaplan's better. Especially the verbal. Yeah, I know, I'm doomed.

I just started doing the PS for kaplan fl 5 and stopped.....its making me feel very stupid lol