Doing M.D. in Radiology, India. Need to move to Europe. Please advise on recognition process.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Menher89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all- I will finish my M.D. in May, '16 from India. I need to move to Europe with my spouse after that. Though we have some options open, we prefer Germany / Switzerland. However, the most important criteria is how well all my hard work of 5+3 years recognized in these countries. I am inclined to do a super-specialization in Interventional Radiology in the host country as well.

I want to understand what will I need to do to have the MD recognized to enable me to practice. Are there any exams I need to clear AND / OR the fellowship (Interventional Radiology) help me to start practicing? Are there mandatory language tests I will need to clear too (even for Switzerland)? Would appreciate some help here.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All- I am very new to the forum but whatever I read seemed very interesting and helpful. Would really appreciate some help here. Thanks!

Im pretty sure moving to those countries would require learning the language (Switzerland for sure requires this, Germany not so sure)

Im pretty sure moving to those countries would require learning the language (Switzerland for sure requires this, Germany not so sure)
Thanks. I am pretty sure Germany needs the language test but thought Swiss is more cosmo and maybe more open. Are you sure about it? Also, any insight into what can be done to start practice? Thanks again.