Doing More Practice Than Content Review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oxelhs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I ended up doing more content review AGAIN than practice. However, I do have a bit over a month left.

What are some of the better sources for practice? Still need to do the final 1/3 of passages in TBR, should I bother with EK1001? Anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like I ended up doing more content review AGAIN than practice. However, I do have a bit over a month left.

What are some of the better sources for practice? Still need to do the final 1/3 of passages in TBR, should I bother with EK1001? Anything else?

TPRH SW is good practice in my opinion. Kaplan has these section tests and topic-specific tests which are good.

I would do EK1001 for GChem and Physics only. Orgo is bad and littered with the most mistakes. Can't speak to bio, but I would imagine it's similar to the exams in the EK Bio book which aren't really representative - they're just to make sure you learned the basics.

Have you tried the self-assessments and AAMC official guide? Good questions from the AAMC in those.

I haven't tried the AAMC ones. Yeah I agree with the orgo EK1001 being a waste of time. I guess I just need SOMETHING decent to practice since most of the day I spend slugging through content and just rush through the practice cause I'm drained by the end :/

Looking to do the quizzes that Chad offers - the video solution really seems to help I think.

I haven't tried the AAMC ones. Yeah I agree with the orgo EK1001 being a waste of time. I guess I just need SOMETHING decent to practice since most of the day I spend slugging through content and just rush through the practice cause I'm drained by the end :/

Looking to do the quizzes that Chad offers - the video solution really seems to help I think.

I did the exact same thing as you. My test is in exactly a month. I'm just gonna do a load of practice from tprh sw, ICC, and the last 1/3 of tbr. I think a lot of the topics will come back as you reinforce them. It is easy to fall into the trap of constant content review because you think you're retaining everything. That just doesn't happen. Try to remember the concepts in review and drill it with practice problems.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the exact same thing as you. My test is in exactly a month. I'm just gonna do a load of practice from tprh sw, ICC, and the last 1/3 of tbr.

I decided to squeeze in TPRH SW passages aswell. Originally I was going to do just AAMC FL's and the remaining 1/3rd of TBR, but I recently picked up TPRH SW and I feel that the passages reinforce the content. They also ask questions differently compared to TBR, and their biology passages are experimental, which is key. Use TBR and TPRH SW for this last month, in addition to AAMC Self Assessment, and AAMC FL's, and you should be golden.

I decided to squeeze in TPRH SW passages aswell. Originally I was going to do just AAMC FL's and the remaining 1/3rd of TBR, but I recently picked up TPRH SW and I feel that the passages reinforce the content. They also ask questions differently compared to TBR, and their biology passages are experimental, which is key. Use TBR and TPRH SW for this last month, in addition to AAMC Self Assessment, and AAMC FL's, and you should be golden.

Thanks. Did you use ICC?

Agreed. Content review is not very helpful by itself I would say. I don't have access to TPRH SW so I will have to take some Kaplan section tests, along with TBR and AAMC. Hopefully it will be enough.

Depends on what your practice scores have been

If you google "enter subject here" practice problems you will find tons of problems with solutions. This is what I have been doing to solidify concepts.