Doing out with the GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nazmar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking, with the DPT, do you think that we will eventually see a complete overhaul of the admission process into DPT programs? Mainly, with the testing process? I don't know if there's actual talks at this time about this or not, nor if this is even a topic worth discussing. However, I'd imagine that the GRE will be eventually tossed out for a test that measures more on scientific knowledge (i.e. DAT, MCAT) as opposed to the general knowledge that the GRE imposes, seeing as Physical Therapy wouldn't really classify as a graduate school - but now a professional school.

Just figured I'd ask, don't know if this has been discussed.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been thinking, with the DPT, do you think that we will eventually see a complete overhaul of the admission process into DPT programs? Mainly, with the testing process? I don't know if there's actual talks at this time about this or not, nor if this is even a topic worth discussing. However, I'd imagine that the GRE will be eventually tossed out for a test that measures more on scientific knowledge (i.e. DAT, MCAT) as opposed to the general knowledge that the GRE imposes, seeing as Physical Therapy wouldn't really classify as a graduate school - but now a professional school.

Just figured I'd ask, don't know if this has been discussed.

There is some talk in APTA about replacing the GRE with an entrance examination similar to that of the MCAT, DAT, PCAT, etc. I have no idea where in the process it is at though.

Bet the cost of the test will be higher than the GRE. IMO
It looks like the current registration fee for MCAT is $240, with a host of add-on fees for things like late registration, change of test site, etc. (similar to GRE). So it's a little more than GRE. (Hi, hope all is well at Touro.)