Doing premed while being a part time model

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sshung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an incoming second year student and I have recently signed with an agency in taiwan, which was my hometown. I am thinking about spending the 3 month of summer break next year in taiwan working as a model while preparing for MCAT. Will med schools like my unique experience if I somehow manage to maintain decent grades and MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

We need more Grey's Anatomy Izzie's in the world.

If you can still make sure you're studying and do well on the MCAT despite the long hours of a model, more power to you. Might be able to put you through med school if you make enough money :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Pics or it didn't happen!!!

Haha, jk, but seriously at most it will give you something more to talk about. Just don't let it get in the way of your studies, obviously.

Will med schools like my unique experience if I somehow manage to maintain decent grades and MCAT?

So...this is a non-question.

Why would a med school dislike a unique applicant with good grades and a good MCAT?

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

Haha, jk, but seriously at most it will give you something more to talk about. Just don't let it get in the way of your studies, obviously.

yeah for real. let's see some pics.

i'm also from taiwan, so i have to say, be careful you're not being scammed. modeling gig scams are prevalent in asia.

Guys,

I was talking to her earlier and she PM'ed me some pics.

sshung, I hope you don't get upset at me for sharing...

RonaldoTransvestite_468x338.jpg

yeah for real. let's see some pics.

i'm also from taiwan, so i have to say, be careful you're not being scammed. modeling gig scams are prevalent in asia.

There are also a lot of legitimate modeling gigs in Asia (albeit lots of boring ones), especially for models who are first starting out in N. America/Europe.

Good luck, OP! There are few who are lucky enough to be pretty and smart. Most of us have to choose. :p

one of the students who led us on an interview day tour was previously a model. so . . . she got in. and, got picked to lead the tours. definitely doesn't hurt.

You could be a part time model.

( . . . But you'd still probably have to keep your regular job.)

10 points for the obscure Flight of the Conchords reference!

OP, at least you'd have some good-looking pictures to attach to secondaries :thumbup:

one of the students who led us on an interview day tour was previously a model. so . . . she got in. and, got picked to lead the tours. definitely doesn't hurt.

You could be a part time model.

( . . . But you'd still probably have to keep your regular job.)

I was going to say...it doesn't hurt a campus to have attractive tour guides..definitely will pique one's interest in a university! ...at least for superficial me! hahaha.

I am an incoming second year student and I have recently signed with an agency in taiwan, which was my hometown. I am thinking about spending the 3 month of summer break next year in taiwan working as a model while preparing for MCAT. Will med schools like my unique experience if I somehow manage to maintain decent grades and MCAT?

28705d1249474228-my-new-straight-razor-stand-44789.-thread-completely-useless-without-images-1-.jpg