Doing prerequisites at community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, the pre-med classes.
So far, I've taken college introduction to physics and chemistry.
I'll be taking college introduction to biology this fall.
I've taken college intermediate algebra, trigonometry, and precalculus.
I haven't taken any college English classes.

Ok, so by saying that you have taken intro physics and chem do you mean you have taken the whole year sequence?

The first thing you need to do is get the course numbers of the pre-reqs you took at the community college (physics and g-chem) and see if they transfer over to UC davis as the equivalent to their intro g-chem and physics first year series (either 2 semesters each, or three quarters each).

I recommend saving at least one full series (either gen bio or o-chem) for the four year.

Are you going to be a science major? That changes some of the logistics because you will have plenty of classes to prove your ability at the four year.

I would highly recommend doing your English pre-reqs at the cc if you are still attending and need some classes. It is just a good one to get out of the way there and adcoms don't put as much emphasis on it. Depending on the schools you apply to you may want to take calc there too. If non-of the schools you apply to want calc, you may have the math requirement fulfilled.

Other than that, I don't really know what else to tell you. The main thing is to focus on getting good grades no matter where you are at and getting good volunteering etc.

Keep in mind that I am no authority on this. This is just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so by saying that you have taken intro physics and chem do you mean you have taken the whole year sequence?

The first thing you need to do is get the course numbers of the pre-reqs you took at the community college (physics and g-chem) and see if they transfer over to UC davis as the equivalent to their intro g-chem and physics first year series (either 2 semesters each, or three quarters each).

I recommend saving at least one full series (either gen bio or o-chem) for the four year.

Are you going to be a science major? That changes some of the logistics because you will have plenty of classes to prove your ability at the four year.

I would highly recommend doing your English pre-reqs at the cc if you are still attending and need some classes. It is just a good one to get out of the way there and adcoms don't put as much emphasis on it. Depending on the schools you apply to you may want to take calc there too. If non-of the schools you apply to want calc, you may have the math requirement fulfilled.

Other than that, I don't really know what else to tell you. The main thing is to focus on getting good grades no matter where you are at and getting good volunteering etc.

Keep in mind that I am no authority on this. This is just my opinion.

Thank you so much.
:D