dominican college of Blauvelt, did any one apply there...or heard about it.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you think about it

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've never heard of it but I just browsed the website. There wasn't too much information about the program but it did seem good as far as the curriculum goes.

what do you think about it
I had an interview at Dominican college this month. I still need to find out the out-of-state tution for that school. During the interview they told me that the classes are offered on weekends. Overall, I think it's a pretty good school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Classes on the weekend? I wonder how that would work out.

Friday Saturday, and Sunday

Fri = 5- 9 or 10
Sat = 8 or 9 - 6
Sun = 8 or 9 - 5

When I vol at a hospital, a student from DC was doing his affiliation there in Peds.

He said in anatomy they do 1 part and test on that part next week. etc
during affiliation you still have to go to classes, so M-F aff, then F-S classes but only 1 or 2 not the full load.

He said that it was tough if you have a fulltime job, but no if you do part time or work from home.

He said there were a total of 18 students, and 2 dropped, but 2 were added b/c they had to repeat classes from the previous year.

Does any one know what is it's pass rate. I read that it is 88% but only out of 18 students. Is that considered okay. The thing that worries me the most is that only 18 students attempted to take the state exam out of three years. Does any one know someone that went there who i can ask. Thanks

I doubt it was 18 out of the three years, I think it is 18/year.

The student I met said same 88-90% pass. 16/18 passed first time in the MPT. He was also in the first dpt class as well and graduated last year.

Does any one know what is it's pass rate. I read that it is 88% but only out of 18 students. Is that considered okay. The thing that worries me the most is that only 18 students attempted to take the state exam out of three years. Does any one know someone that went there who i can ask. Thanks

Thanks,so overall does it seem like a nice college? Is anyone here planning to attend Dominican College?

Tons of self learning vs regular 9to5 school. he said 80% is self learning. There are many Older students. 29+ b/c of the weekend format, I applied, but after I did the campus tour I was not impressed, also out of state for me and tuition was a bit high from what I remember.

Thanks,so overall does it seem like a nice college? Is anyone here planning to attend Dominican College?