1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DONE & DONE !!!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by datkooldude, Jul 26, 2006.

1. datkooldude

datkooldude Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    It's finally over, and I am glad to say that I showed quite an improvement from my 14's-18's in achiever!!

PAT: 19
    BIO: 20
    GC: 25
    OC: 19
    RC: 23
    QR: 15 :( (the time ran out big time!!!)
    TS: 21
    AA: 20

I know the QR is kinda low...but would this greatly affect my overall DAT scores and application profile - since my science GPA is 3.6 and my cumulative is 3.7??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lovechild404

lovechild404 Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    good general scores! your 15 might give you some trouble at certain schools though. i know that some schools require a min of 16 in all sections of the dat to be considered for admission. but overall you did very well so hopefully it will be over looked.

do you mind describing the RC section. it is the hardest section for me. also, how was the gen chem section. i HATE g chem!!!!

gl with everything. you'll do fine.

4. thehipster

thehipster Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Your scores are still good, QR usually has the least weight at most schools. Which schools are you applying to? Anything out of the ordinary on the DAT that you didn't expect or was that much different than Topscore or DAT Achiever?

5. RockstarDMD

RockstarDMD sUcCeSs iS mY OnLY OpTioN
    5+ Year Member

Congrats, what were your achiever and topscore scores?

6. datkooldude

datkooldude Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Ok....GET THE DAT ACHIEVER...alot of questions repeated themselves...especially for BIO!!! The G-chem section was really easy compared to achiever, and the RC section mostly dealt with finding the word or phrase from the passage. The QR had about 5 questions dealing with trig ratios - and had a decent amount of questions that required calcuations (hence VERY time consuming!!!). The PAT ANGLES ARE HARD TO DIFFERENTIATE...and the paper given is NOT TRANSPARENT - but rather a laminated blue paper which you are given a dry erase marker to write on (A SURPRISE TO ME!!) Hopefully the QR scores won't matter too much - but UF is my main choice, along with Tufts, NYU, Columbia, UPenn ... I don't know if the QR score will have a big deal with these schools - do you????

7. '11

'11 Member
    2+ Year Member

i think it is more like this: they have a computer program that looks at your aa/ts/pat and then if you have below some cut off then bye-bye
    i don't think that they pick on lower score and deny your app
    anyways

8. teefRcool

teefRcool Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

What about ochem was it easier as well compared to achiver cause i get 14-16 on ochem for achiever

9. Euphoria36

Euphoria36 Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

its not suppossed to be dry erase markers, right? they are suppossed to give you paper and pencil? i've heard of this happeneing b/f.... the proctors messing up

but u still did great! congrats! :)

10. doctorloomis

doctorloomis Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    UF requires a minimum of 15 in all sections, so you barely made the cutoff, but you made it and that's all that matters. The overall AA 20 is SOLID. UF likes the 20 very much. Interview well and you should be fine. Congrats on a qualifying score.

11. apaul

apaul Some Dude
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    rockstar, do you ever ask anything different?

12. RockstarDMD

RockstarDMD sUcCeSs iS mY OnLY OpTioN
    5+ Year Member

Hey wise guy search through my 200+ posts and answer the question your self. :laugh:

13. apaul

apaul Some Dude
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    ok, so you've the question 13 times (i think, maybe I missed a dozen or so)

just razzing ya :laugh: