DONE & DONE !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datkooldude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's finally over, and I am glad to say that I showed quite an improvement from my 14's-18's in achiever!!

PAT: 19
BIO: 20
GC: 25
OC: 19
RC: 23
QR: 15 :( (the time ran out big time!!!)
TS: 21
AA: 20

I know the QR is kinda low...but would this greatly affect my overall DAT scores and application profile - since my science GPA is 3.6 and my cumulative is 3.7??

Members don't see this ad.

good general scores! your 15 might give you some trouble at certain schools though. i know that some schools require a min of 16 in all sections of the dat to be considered for admission. but overall you did very well so hopefully it will be over looked.

do you mind describing the RC section. it is the hardest section for me. also, how was the gen chem section. i HATE g chem!!!!

gl with everything. you'll do fine.

Your scores are still good, QR usually has the least weight at most schools. Which schools are you applying to? Anything out of the ordinary on the DAT that you didn't expect or was that much different than Topscore or DAT Achiever?

Congrats, what were your achiever and topscore scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok....GET THE DAT ACHIEVER...alot of questions repeated themselves...especially for BIO!!! The G-chem section was really easy compared to achiever, and the RC section mostly dealt with finding the word or phrase from the passage. The QR had about 5 questions dealing with trig ratios - and had a decent amount of questions that required calcuations (hence VERY time consuming!!!). The PAT ANGLES ARE HARD TO DIFFERENTIATE...and the paper given is NOT TRANSPARENT - but rather a laminated blue paper which you are given a dry erase marker to write on (A SURPRISE TO ME!!) Hopefully the QR scores won't matter too much - but UF is my main choice, along with Tufts, NYU, Columbia, UPenn ... I don't know if the QR score will have a big deal with these schools - do you????

lovechild404 said:
good general scores! your 15 might give you some trouble at certain schools though. i know that some schools require a min of 16 in all sections of the dat to be considered for admission. but overall you did very well so hopefully it will be over looked.

do you mind describing the RC section. it is the hardest section for me. also, how was the gen chem section. i HATE g chem!!!!

gl with everything. you'll do fine.

i think it is more like this: they have a computer program that looks at your aa/ts/pat and then if you have below some cut off then bye-bye
i don't think that they pick on lower score and deny your app
anyways

datkooldude said:
Ok....GET THE DAT ACHIEVER...alot of questions repeated themselves...especially for BIO!!! The G-chem section was really easy compared to achiever, and the RC section mostly dealt with finding the word or phrase from the passage. The QR had about 5 questions dealing with trig ratios - and had a decent amount of questions that required calcuations (hence VERY time consuming!!!). The PAT ANGLES ARE HARD TO DIFFERENTIATE...and the paper given is NOT TRANSPARENT - but rather a laminated blue paper which you are given a dry erase marker to write on (A SURPRISE TO ME!!) Hopefully the QR scores won't matter too much - but UF is my main choice, along with Tufts, NYU, Columbia, UPenn ... I don't know if the QR score will have a big deal with these schools - do you????

What about ochem was it easier as well compared to achiver cause i get 14-16 on ochem for achiever

datkooldude said:

its not suppossed to be dry erase markers, right? they are suppossed to give you paper and pencil? i've heard of this happeneing b/f.... the proctors messing up

but u still did great! congrats! :)

UF requires a minimum of 15 in all sections, so you barely made the cutoff, but you made it and that's all that matters. The overall AA 20 is SOLID. UF likes the 20 very much. Interview well and you should be fine. Congrats on a qualifying score.

apaul said:
rockstar, do you ever ask anything different?

Hey wise guy search through my 200+ posts and answer the question your self. :laugh:

ok, so you've the question 13 times (i think, maybe I missed a dozen or so)

just razzing ya :laugh: