Don't give up in your search for an rph job. It will come!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CYNTO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..

I want to encourage any rph out there that are still looking for a permanent pharmacist position. Don't give up keep applying every where and anywhere you find openings. Make sure your resume looks good to suite the posted position and with prayers you will surely get that desire rph job. I am a living testimony. If anyone is interested cvs is offering to pay for working with them in Indianapolis.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys..

I want to encourage any rph out there that are still looking for a permanent pharmacist position. Don't give up keep applying every where and anywhere you find openings. Make sure your resume looks good to suite the posted position and with prayers you will surely get that desire rph job. I am a living testimony. If anyone is interested cvs is offering to pay for working with them in Indianapolis.

There is only one thing worse than looking for a job when your a pharmacist. That is - actually landing the job and that job being CVS….

your enthusiasm is commendable though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still not worth spending half your prime years in school, then moving away from family and friends to spend the rest of your prime years halfway across the country to slave away for CVS to pay down your student loans.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
When people are this excited to find a job working chain retail then you know the 'profession' is terminal.

Reactions: 7 users
Well that wasn’t the ending I expected. Have fun at CV Hell.

Reactions: 1 user
To this day I still get triggered whenever I'm inside a cvs store. I try to stay as far away from the pharmacy as possible
My SO refuses to set foot into Wags. She hates them with more of a passion than I do after my time there.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
To this day I still get triggered whenever I'm inside a cvs store. I try to stay as far away from the pharmacy as possible

I totally understand this. I have not filled a pill bottle for 2.5 years now but - when I go into a Walgreens (or any retail pharmacy) and I hear the sound of pills pouring into a pill bottle, the beeps, the sound of a counting tray on a counter:

I totally get full blown “triggered”.

To me - there is nothing more recognizable than that noise of a counting tray scraping across a counter

Reactions: 3 users
CVS jobs were always there... at least for my area
Turnover rate must be every freaking month for them lol
I'm glad I'm out of retail now :)

It's not just chains....Had a discussion yesterday...(and today) about how miserable grocery store pharmacy jobs are...apparently the MFWIC's in grocery are getting REALLY hard case.....You dudes and dudettes HAVE to realize that any escape from flogging pills all day is unlikely....Any escape will be via who you know and luck...A positive attitude is wonderful..maybe brighten up the battle you face ....will the prospects get a clue? Who knows...?

Hi guys..

Thank you for the encouraging message. I too was able to find a job after 18 months of searching. Now I live every day in fear that I will be fired given the poor job security.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the encouraging message. I too was able to find a job after 18 months of searching. Now I live every day in fear that I will be fired given the poor job security.

isn’t it great?

isn’t it great?
Well it's certainly better than the alternative. Plus I'm building my resume up every day I have employment. The real pressure is that I want to be employed at least a year so I can qualify for reciprocation to other states. The job also helps bring more structure and purpose into my life which I have a lot of gratitude for. I also enjoy being social, and having coworkers gives me the opportunity to socially interact with people.

Everyday I think of the ones that didn't make it, still living at their parents' house. Even if I got fired tomorrow and never found another job, I could at least say, yeah I made it. I worked as a pharmacist. I will have those memories for ever and no one can ever take them away from me.

Can you make pay bills off of good memories of times passed?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone ever get asked why gap in employment, especially like 18 months?

Can you make pay bills off of good memories of times passed?

Yes - despite the beauty of the sentiment behind the post…. It just does not seem grounded in reality.

Not to mention the fact that we all know that these memories will likely not be very pleasant.

I have many decent/good memories of retail but this comes from a time when things were not the way they are now. In my day in retail, I actually counseled on all new medications, I knew 90% of patients by name, I knew their family/jobs/kids etc. My job as a pharmacist was to build relationships and inspire confidence in the public with their medications. These days at Walgreens you don’t even have time to look up before your technician rats on you to the district manager for not “keeping up”.

why would you want memories like this? I would prefer to garner memories from my hobbies/family

• Wow
Anyone ever get asked why gap in employment, especially like 18 months?
They always ask me. I just tell them the truth. I was taking care of my sick brother and elderly parents. I don't think they care that much about a gap unless the gap is because you were incarcerated or something. Ofc with a gap the DM will know you are probably desperate for work so you can forget about negotiating power.

There is only one thing worse than looking for a job when your a pharmacist. That is - actually landing the job and that job being CVS….

your enthusiasm is commendable though.

The job I got wasn't with CVS.

No..don't live in fear. Work your job, pray always..and give it the best you can.Be strong and be of good courage. In the interim, or same time, is wise to always have a plan B.

You will be fine. But have a plan b handy.

Well it's certainly better than the alternative. Plus I'm building my resume up every day I have employment. The real pressure is that I want to be employed at least a year so I can qualify for reciprocation to other states. The job also helps bring more structure and purpose into my life which I have a lot of gratitude for. I also enjoy being social, and having coworkers gives me the opportunity to socially interact with people.

Everyday I think of the ones that didn't make it, still living at their parents' house. Even if I got fired tomorrow and never found another job, I could at least say, yeah I made it. I worked as a pharmacist. I will have those memories for ever and no one can ever take them away from me.

You are absolutely right. A devil you know is better than an angel you don't know. Plus having a job is better than the depression that goes with not having any.

Reactions: 1 users
Still not worth spending half your prime years in school, then moving away from family and friends to spend the rest of your prime years halfway across the country to slave away for CVS to pay down your student loans.

This is what really plagues me, knowing that I used up and am continuing to use up the best years of my life on either studying, and now working like a slave. All the money I'm making means absolutely nothing when there is no time or energy to enjoy it.

Every day, I think about quitting my job and just living one day at a time for a few years. Even if it means I'm risking homelessness, at least I'll have a few years to actually enjoy my life. We're all going to meet our maker one day, no sense in spending what good years we have left living in fear.

Reactions: 5 users
I know of a small town in Kansas that has 5 openings, 2 hospital, 3 retail (and yes, one is CVS). Specifically, it's Emporia, Kansas.

I never worked for them, and I hate going there. Sometimes, I have to because I've had UPS parcels end up there if I'm not at home to receive them.